"Galesburg, American Metropolis - well not really" Galesburg by bushes39
Galesburg Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Lost among all the corn is Galesburg, Illinois. While it may not be on everyone's 'must see' list, Galesburg does offer a little bit of history and a little bit of hidden fun for the vacationer. While Galesburg may not make a great long-term tourist destination (the Knox County's division of tourism might disagree with me), it can make for a pleasureful one-night stay. So if you're traveling in the area, you might think about checking it out.
- Pros:It's a quaint midwestern town with some history.
- Cons:There is a very limited amount of things to do.
- In a nutshell:Small, but worth a visit.
Green Oaks is 760 acres of forest, grassland, and aquatic habitat. It is the second oldest restored tall-grass prarie in... more travel advice
The Orpheum Theatre, in Galesburg, hosts and number of great shows, including drama, music, and the occasional 'classic... more travel advice
bushes39's Related Pages
Galesburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galesburg, American Metropolis - well not really"
- "Trains in Galesburg"
- "Galesburg Visitor Center"
- "Da 'Burg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galesburg
- Hotels in Galesburg
- Transportation in Galesburg
- Nightlife in Galesburg
- Restaurants in Galesburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Galesburg
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Galesburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galesburg
Top 5 Pages
- San Sebastián Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galesburg Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Marseille Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gardnerville Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos