"My Original Home!" Lochwinnoch by Webboy
Lochwinnoch Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 11 photos
Yes, this is where i grew up with my family for the first 23 years of my life, before moving along the road to Renfrew with Emma in March 2002.
Lochwinnoch is a lovely little village around 20 miles west of Glasgow. Its not a very big place.......in fact, you could miss it if you blinked while driving through! ha ha ha! No, only joking!
It is small village though. At last count we had 1 News agents, 2 small shops, a Chip shop, an Indian Take-away, 2 hairdressers, 1 bakers and 3 pubs.
Quite often other shops pop up, but disapear soon after when the owners reaslise that the population of Lochwinnoch isn't big enough to keep them in business!
I have many great memories from growing up here. A lot of my family still live in Lochwinnoch, and i would like to think that i will return to live there again myself some day.
Should you visit, if you only have 1 hours, my main recomendation would be to visit the Brown Bull for some lunch........I would be shocked if you were disappointed!
- Pros:Quiet, Peaceful, community spirit
- Cons:Quite hard to get to without a car
- In a nutshell:Certainly worth a visit if you are passing!
Castle semple loch is also mentioned in my must see activites section, but also deserves a place in this section. For... more travel advice
This is where my education began! To this day i still think it is a building that would be better suited to a horror... more travel advice
Webboy's Related Pages
Lochwinnoch Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lochwinnoch
- Transportation in Lochwinnoch
- Restaurants in Lochwinnoch
- Warnings and Dangers in Lochwinnoch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lochwinnoch
- 16 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lochwinnoch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lochwinnoch
Photos in LochwinnochSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Lochwinnoch Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos
- Calgary Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Scotland Intro, 6 reviews
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 3 photos