"Gmunden - Lake Traunsee - Schloss Orth" Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden by joanj
Gmunden Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 113 photos
This is Schloss Orth, set in the lake Traunsee, connected by a wooden bridge.
This beautiful castle was founded in 1080 by Hartnidus of Ort.
Gmunden is famour for it's Ceramics, with its distinct green and white designs. Very expensive.
Looking towards part of the town of Gmunden
This plate was outside a shop advertising the famous ceramics being sold there. Obviously this was just a cheap version to attract customers.
- Pros:Lovely town on an equally lovely lake.
Take a walk along the Esplanade, there are many seats for you to rest on and watch the lake and see the scenery and the... more travel advice
joanj's Related Pages
Gmunden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Gmunden Page"
- "GMUNDEN IS IN A LOVELY LOCATION!"
- "I really didn't want to go............"
- "Gmunden - Lake Traunsee - Schloss Orth"
- "Paradise on Earth"
- "An Austrian town with the Flair of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gmunden
- Hotels in Gmunden
- Transportation in Gmunden
- Restaurants in Gmunden
- Shopping in Gmunden
- Warnings and Dangers in Gmunden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gmunden
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gmunden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gmunden
Photos in GmundenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 124 reviews, 195 photos, 10 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sliema Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues