"Ipswich" Top 5 Page for this destination Ipswich by joanj
Ipswich Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 151 photos
Ipswich , the county town of Suffolk and England's oldest continously settled Anglo-Saxon town, has a number of attractions for the visitor.
There is Christchurch Park and Mansion , The Waterfront, The Suffolk countryside, Golf courses, Ipswich Town Football Club, top shops, Restaurants, the Marina, and a whole lot more.
It is also within easy reach of the coastal towns of Clacton -on-sea, Felixstowe, Southwold, Southend, and many more.
It is close to the historic town of Colchester (over the border in Essex), which has the famous Colchester Zoo.
The River Orwell runs through parts of the town, and a visit to the marina is worth a visit. You can visit a few bars and enjoy a drink while watching the boats etc.
A ride on the open top city sightseeing tour bus would acquaint you with the town sights.
There are also guided walks to let you discover more about the town and it's heritage,
Tours start from the Tourist Information Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays from May to September at 2.15 p.m.
(Ipswich Tourist Info. St. Stephens Lane, Ipswich IP1 1DP tel. (01473) 258070. The tourist information info is housed in the lovely old medieval building of St. Stephen's church.
click on here Ipswich for more information on the town.
The picture shows some magnificent architecture on a shop front in Ipswich town centre.
Approx 12.9 miles from Ipswich on the A1141, is Hollow trees Farm, with a shop, cafe, plant shop, working farm and farm... more travel advice
As mentioned in another tip (off the beaten path) the Orwell Bridge is well worth a look either from driving across it... more travel advice
joanj's Related Pages
Ipswich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ipswich - County Town of Suffolk"
- "Ipswich- between ugly duckling and medieval beauty"
- "Ipswich: Not to be overlooked"
- "A DAY IN IPSWICH"
- "Ipswich Best Avoided"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ipswich
- Hotels in Ipswich
- Transportation in Ipswich
- Nightlife in Ipswich
- Restaurants in Ipswich
- Shopping in Ipswich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipswich
- 14 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Ipswich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipswich
Photos in IpswichSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 124 reviews, 195 photos, 10 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sliema Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Ipswich hotel reviews
- Great White Horse Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Elizabeth Copdock
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel
- 531 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Orwell
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Novotel Ipswich
- 270 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Belstead Brook Hotel
- 333 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Premier Inn Ipswich South East
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Best Western The Gatehouse Hotel
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Courtyard Ipswich Suffolk
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2006