"Woodbridge, Suffolk" Woodbridge by joanj
Woodbridge Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 53 photos
Woodbridge town has narrow streets with Tudor timber-framed buildings, also a Victorian windmill, a unique 18thC Tide Mill on the river, two museums, 1) the Town Museum, 2( the Suffolk Horse Museum.
You can also walk along the river bank and enjoy wonderful views.
There are plenty of places to eat too,
The picture shows the 18th C. Tide Mill, which dates from the early industrial revolution. It is situated on a busy quayside, and was restored in 1973
Inside the mill are several working models, a video and various displays. The wheel turns most summer days at varying times. The times are listed in the brochure from the site office.
There is an Annual Art Exhibition too.
for Information telephone (44) 01473 626618
web site www.tidemill.org.uk
Woodbridge is situated 8 miles east of Ipswich.
Buttrum's Mill is a magnificent 6 - storey tower mill dating from 1835.
It has been fully restored, and the sails can be seen turning most week-ends.
The milling machinery inside if a fine example of the millwright's craft and should not be missed.
for info. telephone (44) 01473 583352
- Pros:a lovely picturesque town to visit at a leisurely pace
- In a nutshell:Quaint Suffolk Town
not far from Woodbridge is the 18th Century Saxted Green Windmill. It was the earliest of this type of mill built in... more travel advice
There is a Budgen's supermarket, small Boots, Woolworths, Lloyds Pharmacy, and many more, also quaint little town shops... more travel advice
joanj's Related Pages
Woodbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Woodbridge: perfect for a short break in Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge and Sutton Hoo"
- "Woodbridge, Suffolk"
- "Woodbridge: An East Anglia Fishing Town"
- "East Anglia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woodbridge
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Woodbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodbridge
Photos in WoodbridgeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 124 reviews, 195 photos, 10 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sliema Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Colchester Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues