"TE WHAKAREWAREWATANGA0TEOPETAUAAWAHIAO" Whakarewarewa by joanj
Whakarewarewa Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 29 photos
I challenge you to pronounce this correctly ! after a drink or 5 perhaps.!
It means The gathering place for the war parties of Wahiao
This is the entrance to the Maori Village.
Once here you can see the Meeting house, (Marae) see carving, weaving, etc., watch a cultural show and have dinner.
See the mud pools, geysers,
see my tip for more information.
Photo by joanj
This is the Maori workshop for Maori only apprentices. They take only 8 at a time. It takes years for the apprentices... more travel advice
This is the Marae (Meeting House) that we went into for the Maori show, where they explained their culture, song and... more travel advice
joanj's Related Pages
Whakarewarewa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TE WHAKAREWAREWATANGA0TEOPETAUAAWAHIAO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whakarewarewa
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Whakarewarewa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whakarewarewa
Photos in WhakarewarewaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 124 reviews, 195 photos, 10 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sliema Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues