"Sagittarian Traveller" joanj's Profile

Hello and welcome to my VT pages.

back again to Barbados February 2011

Barbados 2010 for some more R & R

Off to Malta in October.2009 for some R & R

August 2009 - Just returned from a Rhine River Cruise from Amsterdam to Basel. So relaxing and wonderful scenery. Will upload pictures when time permits.

March 2009 - just returned from another trip to Barbados, where we met up with all the usual friends who holiday at the same time as us.

June 30th 2008. - Just got back from a coach tour to Austria (Saltzkammergut area). When time allows I will post pictures and tips etc. So keep checking.

Just back from another visit to Barbados. March 2008
There is so much construction work on the island, Condo's are sprouting up on every piece of available land near the coast, sometimes making it very difficult to get onto the beaches, WHICH ARE ALL PUBLIC IN BARBADOS, BUT THE HOTELS THINK THEY HAVE THE MONOPOLY OVER THEM AND MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO GAIN ACCESS.

There has been a vast improvement to the Grantley Addams International Airport over the years and now has many more shops, and eateries available for passengers and public.

Member photo shows a Barbados sunset.

I have been rather busy of late and not had time to update vt pages, the reason being that I have a new granddaughter, born June 9th 2007, her name is Lucy Charlotte and of course she is beautiful. A lovely sister for the twins. Backtracking a little, we all went to Great Yarmouth, twins, Mum and Dad, husband and I, just before the baby was born, then in September we all went to Devon to stay in a beautiful converted barn on a working farm. So with all the babysitting, having the twins to sleepovers my time has been taken up with family.

The Barbados holiday in February was brilliant as usual, and now looking forward to going with the twins and their parents to Belgium in September 2006. Then in October 2006 it is off to Malta again.

Now getting ready for the annual trip to Barbados, travelling on 6th February 2006 and returning 7th March 2006. Looking forward to seeing Bajan and Canadian Friends.

Taking a week long trip to Malta 21st October 2005, looking forward to a relaxing week after the stress of moving house

Re-locatIng to Ipswich to be near to those gorgeous twin grand-daughters of mine on
September 8th 2005. Need to explore the surrounding area. Watch out for new pages.

Off to Canada May 22nd 2005 ,travelling from East to West, the exciting part for me is the drive through the Rockies.

On February 10th 2005, it is back to Barbados again for a month. Visiting friends,etc, so check back in March to see some more photo's and hopefully more tips.

Booked to go back to Malta again Jan 21st 2005 for a week, so more pictures to follow

On October 19th 2004 I will be going to Malta again, revisiting after 10 years, so hopefully can get some better pictures to put on my Malta pages.

I love to travel and meet people, from all walks of life.
Have met some wonderful and interesting people, and many keep in touch by e-mail.

I was born in Oxford, moved to Highworth, nearest town is Swindon, famous for the "magic roundabout" - let me know if you have heard about this!

If you wish to use any of my photographs, would you be kind enough to ask my permission first please. Thank you.

Thank you for visiting my pages, keep checking folks !

• Intro Updated Feb 18, 2011

• Fergie01's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 2:56 AM

happy birthday!!! sorry its late. don't get on VT as much..shame. we are in the UK now. what a journey!! Happy Christmas to you. Dx

• abi_maha's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Hi Joan, happy birthday! Hope you have a great year ahead! -Abi

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Birthday wishes from New Jersey! Hope your day is memorable.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hi Joan - wishing you a very happy birthday! Hope you have a great day! Love the photo of the roundabout - I've gotten stuck in a few myself. :-))

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Have a happy birthday.

• a5floor's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Hi Joan, Happy Birthday!! Hope you will have a nice day. :)

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I learned to drive on that roundabout! Yep the best luggage has their own wheels. All the best.

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Thanks, I'm sure I will

• honestjohn's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM

HI, Joan, I just get back from Muscat of Oman, and get the birthday greeting from you, I am so happy, thank you for the greeting. wish you can have time to visit China.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Thanks for visiting. Some coincidences, we have Ipswich near Brisbane, and your birthdate and my daughters and her husbands is all on the same day.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
joanj's Profile Photo

joanj

“See and enjoy people and places”

Real Name