"Nice, France - Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur" Nice by al_mary

Nice Travel Guide: 1,788 reviews and 3,838 photos

Nice - Niça or Nissa - Nizza

** In November 2005 We Visited The French Riviera **
(our home base hotel was in Nice)

Nice, in Occitan: Nica or Nissa, in Italian: Nizza, is a city along the French coast. The city has, on the average about 300 days of sunshine a year.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Food

• In a nutshell:Great For People Watching - The Rich People
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2013

• Mar 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Nice picture of the railway station, but can you tell me where can you park a car at the Nice railway station or anywhere near by??

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Lovely photos of the place thanks and useful tips.Happy New Year!

• May 10, 2007 at 4:58 AM

How much were you short changed, perhaps it was the cover charge for the jazz. Not a lesson for tourist, a lesson for everybody, but it happens. It has happened to me in the States too.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2006 at 9:58 AM

Good informative page, and Boccaccio is one of my two favourite restaurants in Nice!

• Aug 16, 2006 at 1:35 PM

These chips are fabulous! We bought ours at the LeClerc supermaché outside of Cahors. They will be the first thing we look for on our next trip to France. Just another thing the French do so well!

• Aafia's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 6:13 PM

Thanks for the NIce tips. I'm heading there next week. I've added some of your shopping tips to my folder. Can't wait. Afia

• lluis3's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 2:54 AM

Mary and Al, Bar des Oiseaux changed owner last Christmas, the bar is still there but the atmosphere is not the same. Not a jazz place anymore. :-(. Lluis

• NiceLife's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 2:00 AM

Good to see you had busy time in Nice. I see you like to make the most of things. Most excellent.

al_mary

“Enjoy Life - See The World”

Badges & Stats in Nice