"A Beautifully-restored 1800s Canal Town..." Coshocton by deecat
Coshocton Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 32 photos
A friend of Jill's suggested that we visit Coshocton, Ohio to see the Historic Roscoe Village, and we were certainly glad that we did!
Roscoe Village restoration came about because of Edward and Frances Montgomery. Edward grew up in nearby Coshocton and wanted to see the once beautiful Roscoe Village renovated. This couple founded the Edmont Company in Coshocton and developed a revolutionary method for treating cotton flannel industrial gloves with latex. They made lots of money, and when, he retired, he and his wife, Frances Montgomery, decided to use that money to start the process of restoring the decaying Roscoe Village back to its earlier 1800s splendor.
How fortunate for all of us that they had the forsight, money, and desire to make their dream come true. That dream lives on through the not-for profit corporation they created. Today's Roscoe Village is entertaining and educational as well as a living museum dedicated to keeping the spirit of that once-thriving canal town alive.
- Pros:Historic, well-run, entertaining, enlightening, beautiful
- In a nutshell:A living museum to the canal era in Ohio
Jill and I were enamoroed with the Liberty Pottery Store in Roscoe Village. Local potter, Becky Lowe, learned her craft... more travel advice
There are so many unique places to shop in Roscoe Village. Among our favorites are: Village Bookworm: is a warm,... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Coshocton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Beautifully-restored 1800s Canal Town..."
- "Camping at Coshocton Lake Park"
- "Ballon festival Coshocton, Ohio"
- "coshocton hot air balloon festival"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coshocton
- 10 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Coshocton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coshocton
Photos in CoshoctonSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos