"In The Scenic Blue Ridge Mountains...." Cashiers by deecat

Cashiers Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 22 photos

Cashiers, North Carolina

In the Autumn of 1997, Allan and I decided to travel to the Mountains of Western North Carolina to attend and participate in a week-long golf event called "The Fall Senior Classic'. This golf tournament took place at High Hampton Inn & Country Club in Cashiers, North Carolina.

Since we both love to golf, we knew that we would have fun, but we had no idea how truly beautiful this area of North Carolina would be. We were stunned by the mountains, the lake, the waterfalls, the tall hemlocks, and the perfect weather.

• Pros:Natural beauty, Friendly locals, delicious food, great golf
  • Cons:Could not stay long enough!
  • In a nutshell:A Gem of an area in the western part of North Carolina
  • Last visit to Cashiers: Sep 1997
  • Intro Updated Mar 21, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM

The falls are so beautiful. We've thought about taking up Golf ourselves, but seems there is never enough time in the day. Hampton Lake looks so tranquil and relaxing. Your travels and pages are fabulous!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Hi, Dee! You know, your pages are an inspiratuion for my mind when I read them! Thanks again for encouraging me to create more...><><><><

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 8:22 AM

You visited one of the better spots in my opinion in NC. I used to come out that way to do banking business in Asheville and Beech Mtn areas. It is beautiful and green and your pics are fabulous.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Beautiful! We loved the Blue Mountains but I don't remember that we came here, and we certainly didn't see those magnificent Fall colours! Evocative descriptions of the wonderful scenery and the Southern way of life too Dee

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 3:57 AM

At first, I thought this is where supermarket employees were trained...hehehe. Absolutely gorgeous pictures and wonderful tips. Thanks for the warm birthday wishes. It was a nice day, and say "Happy B-Day" to your hubby for me!

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Now this is the way to enjoy life. Golf, nature, excellent food, making friends, and staying in such a lovely location.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM

ringing in the changes here ? fascinating, if a bit too redneck for my taste. 'Grit' is what you put on the roads in the UK when we get snow !

• imran8852's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Phew! What a stunning view Hampton Lake:))

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM

We might need to visit this area again - it would be a nice "get-away" for our anniversary, and a nice escape from Augusta's heat.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 12:31 PM

what an absolutely beautiful place - and i had never heard of it before

deecat

Badges & Stats in Cashiers

Have you been to Cashiers?