Kimmswick Things to Do Tips by deecat
Kimmswick Things to Do: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Maul House (Visitors Center)
The Maul House is the Kimmswick Visitors Center, and before you do anything else, stop by and pick up Kimmswick brochures, bottled water or a soda, use the public restrooms, and perhps purchase a souvenir or a T-Shirt.
The Maul House was the home of the Black school teacher in the town. It was built of Kimmswick bricks in 1872 and was originally two stories. The Mauls raised 13 children in this small house!
Address: 314 Market Street
Kimmswick Post Office
The Kimmswick Post Office has been in continuous operation since the day it opened on April 22, 1858. It has moved to other places since it was established, but it returned to this location in 1974.
The founder of Kimmswick, Theodore Kimm, was appointed Kimmswick's first Postmaster in 1858. Before that time, the mail was delivered two miles down the Mississippi River to Sulphur Springs Landing and used that post mark.
Today, the Kemmswick Post Office is in business for the residences and businesses in town, and letters are still CANCELED BY HAND!
Address: Front Street in Kimmswick, Missouri
Barbagallo House (Wine and Cheese Shop)
The Barbagallo House was the third log building to be moved to Kimmswick to be restored. In 1975, this building was on Green Park Road in St. Louis County and was about to be torn down to make room for something industrial. The Barbagallo family then gave the home to Kimmswick to move. It was taken down, and the logs were numbered; this process took two months to take down. It was rebuilt on a new foundation and was then restored. It is a Missouri-French style and dog trot.
The first two rooms, one on each end with a roof over a space between the two rooms is called DOG TROT and was said to date from Revolutionary times.
Today, this house is a Wine and Cheese Shop.
Address: Corner of Second and Oak Streets
More Reviews (12)
- See All The Arnold House is now "Traditions &...
- See All The Vaughn-Nies House is Now a Shop...
- See All 1770 Log House Serves As Restaurant
deecat's Related Pages
Kimmswick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kimmswick's Motto: Where Yesteryear Becomes Today"
- Create a Kimmswick Travel Page
- Things to Do in Kimmswick
- Hotels in Kimmswick
- Restaurants in Kimmswick
- Shopping in Kimmswick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimmswick
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Kimmswick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimmswick
Photos in KimmswickSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos