"Kimmswick's Motto: Where Yesteryear Becomes Today" Kimmswick by deecat
Kimmswick Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 18 photos
While visiting Kimmswick, Missouri, I decided to use Black and White film to denote the "yesteryear" look.
Kimmswick is a small town about 25 minutes South of downtown St. Louis that is located near the Mississippi River. If you visit Kimmswick, you will feel as though you are in the 1800's.
The town is mainly antique stores, unique shops, great restaurants, Inns, Bed and Breakfast Homes as well as a private cemetery and an old-fashioned Post Office.
There are only about 150 people in this town of restored homes and businesses, but it's crowded with visitors throughout the year.
There are five annual festivals each year:
1. Strawberry Festival in May or June.
2. Civil War Reenactment during the
second weekend in August.
3. Apple Butter Festival during the
last full weekend in October.
4. Christmas Open House on the
Friday before Thanksgiving.
5. Christmas Candlelight Walk
during the first full weekend in
Whether you attend one of the festivals or just spend a delightful day browsing through the numerous shops, you will be able to step back in time to the 1800's.
While strolling down one of the historic streets in Kimmswick, we saw this fantastic Hitching Post which was, at one time, used to "hitch" the horse up while you visited a home. Quaint...
This is one of many private historic homes that have been restored to their original architecture authenticity here in Kimmswick. It's a joy to see a whole town join into the spirit of restoration.
- Pros:Quaint, historic, architectural delight
- Cons:Some stores are too "Tourist Driven"
- In a nutshell:Lovingly Restored Town Near St. Louis
This petite brick home is called The Arnold House on its plaque, but as a business here in Kimmswick, it is now called... more travel advice
This small, old tin-roofed house on Market Street fascinated Jill and I so we went inside to investigate. we found that... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Kimmswick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kimmswick's Motto: Where Yesteryear Becomes Today"
- Create a Kimmswick Travel Page
- Things to Do in Kimmswick
- Hotels in Kimmswick
- Restaurants in Kimmswick
- Shopping in Kimmswick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimmswick
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Kimmswick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimmswick
Photos in KimmswickSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos