"Early Spring Trip" Farmington by deecat

Farmington Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 98 photos

Central Location For Our Trip: Farmington

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

After a dreadful winter here in Libertyville, Illinois in 2011, we decided that we needed a break from the cold and snow. We decided to stay in a town about an hour away from St. Louis, Missouri, called FARMINGTON.

Time Share We Stayed in Farmington, MO

We used our time share power and reserved a week at Summer Bay Resorts Crown Pointe Lodge in Famington, Missouri. Ironically, my trip in January to Las Vegas was spent in another Summer Bay Resorts!

Plenty of Parks in the Famington, MO. Area

While in Farmington, Missouri, we took several hikes in the many parks in and around the area.

• Pros:Friendly, helpful people, great parks, vineyards, Great choices in Restaurants
  • Cons:Lots of "sprawl" with a multitude of Fast Food and Strip Malls
  • In a nutshell:Nice sized town with plenty to do
  • Intro Updated May 6, 2011

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I have lived in Mo and Ks a long time and yet to get to here- It reads like a very nice place to spend some time

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Love the Elephant Rock Dee! My boys would love to climb all over them. Looks like a place I would love to explore. Thanks for sharing it.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hi, Dee! ~ You have managed to discover a lot of interesting places! Thanks for your wonderful story with brilliant photographs! ~ ><><><

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Dee, gorgeous page about Farmington here. I especially like the restaurant tips and the photos of the yummy food. I would love to see the tigers of the Tiger Sanctuary.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM

I so enjoyed exploring Farmington with you - your pages are always so informative and readable :-) Pickle Springs looks beautiful, even if it does sounds like a relish factory! And I would love to see the tigers, and to visit St Genevieve, which looks like just my sort of town :-)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Lovely travel pages of Farmington town with wonderful restaurants. It seems an interesting town to visit and explore with lots of nature sanctuaries and parks. We especially like the Elephant Rocks and Hawn State Parks. ~ho & pang

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2011 at 6:48 AM

A very happy Birthday, Dee. !Loved your Farmington pages. What on earth is 'pulled' pork?

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2011 at 6:18 AM

Yum, those pulled pork sandwiches look delicious. The Tiger Sanctuary and the Factory look like wonderful places to visit.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Nice page Dee. Particularly interested in Timeshare. We will visit Grand Canyon May'12 & have T/S weeks banked RCI & DAE in Australia. Looking for exchanges, how easy is availability?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Sounds like you had a great break from the long cold winter, a good place to stay in and with nice hiking trails nearby. We also had a very long cold winter, and to get a break from it means a lot.

deecat

Badges & Stats in Farmington

Have you been to Farmington?

Latest Activity in Farmington