"Traverse City Michigan and the Region Around It" Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City by deecat
Traverse City Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 256 photos
Starting early on a Monday morning on May 17, 2010, my long-time teacher friend, Mickey [Michelle] and I left my house in my car to travel a little over six hours to Traverse City, Michigan where we planned to explore the region for four days. The temperature was perfect for a road trip...in the low 70's. We did not stop until after 3 1/2 hours to eat breakfast.
After being revitalized via food and drink, we took off again.
Our first stop was at our Traverse City Hampton Inn two miles outside of Traverse City. Luckily for us, our room was ready. We unpacked and took off again. Our first stop was the Traverse City Visitor's Center where we gathered maps and more information. Both Mickey and I had done plenty of research before starting our trip, but we were able to gather new pamphlets and maps at the center.
Thus began our lovely 4-day trip that we enjoyed immensely. The time was filled with wine tasting, shopping, visiting historic lighthouses, hiking at the Sleeping Bear National Dunes Park, and eating delicious food. Oh, yes, I cannot forget, we also tasted the local ice cream, which is a tradition of ours!
- Pros:This area of Michigan is beautiful with friendly people and plenty to do.
- In a nutshell:Traverse City is an excellent location for visitng other historic towns; close to the Dunes, and filled with Good Places to Eat
Hours: Mid May to Early September: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Daily early September to Mid October: Noon to 5:00 p.m.... more travel advice
At the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, you are able to take the "Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive" from late April... more travel advice
- See All Outstanding Jewelry
- See All Clinch Park in Traverse City, Michigan
- See All Good Coffee and Lots of Ambience
deecat's Related Pages
Traverse City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Traverse City Michigan and the Region Around It"
- "TVC...as American as CHERRY Pie"
- "Home, Sweet Home"
- "asturnut's new Traverse City Page"
- "Northwestern Lower Michigan"
- "Traverse city"
- "Get out of town and see the countryside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Traverse City
- Hotels in Traverse City
- Transportation in Traverse City
- Restaurants in Traverse City
- Shopping in Traverse City
- Warnings and Dangers in Traverse City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Traverse City
- 34 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Traverse City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Traverse City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Girl's Spring Trip 2010"
- created a Traverse City Travelogue "Girl's Spring Trip 2010"
- Wrote a Review Sleeping Bear Point Maritime Museum in Traverse City Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Toughluck's Traverse City travel pages
Photos in Traverse CitySee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos