"Celebrating Summer's End" Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven by deecat
South Haven Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 203 photos
My friend of twenty years, Mickey [Michelle], and I decided we needed "an end of summer celebration"; thus began a planning session for a three-day trip to Michigan. We knew that we wanted somewhere low-key, relaxing, beautiful, packed with choices, and that assured us some delicious food.
[We don't ask for much, do we?]
I had been to Saugatuck, Michigan over 25 years ago but had never been to Douglas or South Haven, Michigan; Mickey had not visited any of these locations. We had heard that the Fall was a good time to visit in order to avoid the crowds. Now, we just had to select a time and a Bed & Breakfast. Mickey is especially busy commuting between here and Miami [where her husband has a 6-month assignment] so our times were limited.
Finally, we chose September 14,15,16. Then, after much research, we selected South Haven as our central location and Yelton Manor Bed & Breakfast for our accommodations.
All of these decisions turned out to be perfect. South Haven is small but filled with shops, restaurants, beaches, and parks. Fall, especially the three days in September that we chose, turned out to be picture perfect. The Yelton Manor Bed & Breakfast turned out to be just as excellent as all the literature indicated. And, fortunately, the food establishments [at least all of our choices], turned out to be fantastic.
We treasured each day of our stay, and now I want to take my husband Allan there to enjoy the glorious sunsets, the outstanding cuisine, the beautiful beaches, the lovelyl Bed and Breakfast... and, with the addition of playing the great golf courses.
- Pros:Picturesque, Blissful, Captivating, Friendly, & Idyllic
- In a nutshell:Relaxing atmosphere in Fall during the Week; A variety of activities; laidback yet spirited!
McIntosh Apple Orchards are located: 6431 107th Avenue South Haven, MI 49090 Mickey and I wanted to see an apple... more travel advice
Mickey and I make it a point to always touch base with the Visitor's Bureau whenever we enter a town. This visitor's... more travel advice
- See All Toys for the Grand Children
- Four Golf Course in South Haven,...
- See All Inside Yelton Manor Bed & Breakfast
deecat's Related Pages
South Haven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Celebrating Summer's End"
- "Home of the Annual Blueberry Festival"
- "SOUTH HAVEN MICHIGAN"
- "The best of the West"
- "South Haven"
- "South Haven Lighthouse"
- "joeskier98's new South Haven Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Haven
- Hotels in South Haven
- Transportation in South Haven
- Restaurants in South Haven
- Shopping in South Haven
- Warnings and Dangers in South Haven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Haven
- 19 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to South Haven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Haven
Photos in South HavenSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos