Saugatuck Restaurant Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Saugatuck Restaurants: 5 reviews and 7 photos
View from our table at Coral Gables Restaurant
Before we left for Michigan, Mickey and I had perused the possible places to eat in Sagatuck. The one that we thought looked like a great location and had glowing reviews was called, of all things, Coral Gables
It is located on the waterfront and has been a very popular spot for 40 years. This is a family owned restaurant that features three restaurants and four bars with service inside or outside [on the deck overlooking the waterfront]. There is also a small gift shop in the establishment.
They have music, entertainment, and dancing on the weekends and more often in the peak summer months.
I took photo #1 from our table out on the deck. It was a lovely day with mild temperatures and sunshine. We had a choice of sun or shade and selected the shade, under a colorful table umbrella.
As usual, Mickey and knew that we would be sharing our meal and were perplexed because of all the tempting choices. It was difficult, but we decided on three items:
Favorite Dish: They have an extensive menu with several seafood choices. Mickey and I first selected a Greek Salad..see photo #3. It had olives and Feta cheese along with onions and lettuce..
Our second choice was Coconut Shrimp in a nice proportion [8 pieces so we each had 4].
We were so thrilled with the looks and the taste of the shrimp that I forgot to take a photo!
Our third choice was a Lake Perch Sandwich accompanied by Sweet Potato Fries [as shown in photo #4] The 1/2 sandwich that we each enjoyed was very good. I'm not a potato fan, but the sweet potato fries were good..
Needless to say, we were full by the time we were finished. The ambience was perfect, the food was excellent, and the service was good. A smart choice.
Address: 220 Water Street, Saugatuck, Michigan 49453
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (12)
- See All Unique Shops in Douglas, Michigan
- See All Historic Saugatuck Village Hall
- See All The Keewatin Maritime Museum
deecat's Related Pages
Saugatuck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mid-Week Adventure"
- "Quaint Town of B&B's and boutiques"
- "The Art Coast of Michigan"
- "SAUGATUCK / DOUGLAS"
- "Gregs new Saugatuck Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saugatuck
- Hotels in Saugatuck
- Transportation in Saugatuck
- Restaurants in Saugatuck
- Shopping in Saugatuck
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saugatuck
- 13 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Saugatuck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saugatuck
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- updated a Saugatuck Travel Page "Mid-Week Adventure"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Unique Shops in Douglas, Michigan"
- Wrote a Review Unique Shops in Douglas, Michigan in Saugatuck Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Toughluck's Saugatuck travel pages
Photos in SaugatuckSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos