Oak Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Oak Park Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 2 photos
Permit Parking Card
Although we did not have any trouble at all with parking while staying in Oak Park, I must give this warning. We happened to stay in a hotel with free, safe parking. Thus, we parked our car as soon as we arrived, and did not use our car until it was time to leave Oak Park. See Photo of the Parking Permit Card Given to Us by the Carleton of Oak Park
NOTE: There is an OVERNIGHT BAN ON PARKING on the streets throughout Oak park.
We had to have a card of verification placed on our dashboard while parked in the hotel parking lot so that we would not be ticketed. Our hotel had five parking lots [most of them were small].
There are exceptions to the no parking overnight rule but for one night only. An overnight pass does not allow daytime parking or override daytime restrictions that may exist. Overnight parking passes for municipal lots may be granted for a nominal daily fee.
There are several Village parking facilities and lots, and many are free on the weekends. There is also metered parking in some areas but restrictions of time apply.
Phone: (708) 358-5750
More Reviews (20)
- See All The Scoville Park Fountain 1909/1969
- See All "Walking" Photo Tour: Wright's...
- Free Oak Park Shuttle Service
deecat's Related Pages
Oak Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Cultural and Educational Trip to Oak Park"
- "The town that Frank Lloyd Wright built"
- "Beautiful Historic Suburb of Chicago"
- "It's all about Frank ..."
- "Me and Ernest Hemingway"
- "Frank Lloyd Wright's House & Studio"
- "Oak Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oak Park
- Hotels in Oak Park
- Transportation in Oak Park
- Restaurants in Oak Park
- Shopping in Oak Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Oak Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oak Park
- 21 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Oak Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oak Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Outstanding Gift Shop"
- updated a Oak Park Travel Page "A Cultural and Educational Trip to Oak Park"
- Wrote a Review The Scoville Park Fountain 1909/1969 in Oak Park Favorites
- Commented on one of Dabs's Oak Park travel pages
Photos in Oak ParkSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos