Libertyville Nightlife Tips by deecat
Libertyville Nightlife: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Outdoor-beer-garden at Mickey Finn's Brewery
The building at 412 N. Milwaukee Avenue is over 100 years old, and other than a short stint as a barbershop during Prohibition, Mickey Finn's has operated as a pub continuously since the 1920's. In 1994, the owners, Pat Elmquest and Bill Sugars, paid two million dollars to renovate the place and transformed Mickey Finn's into a 10,000 square foot, two level restaurant, bar, and microbrewery. They also added an outdoor beer garden for warm weather use and even added propane-heated lanterns which make it cozy well into the late autumn.
The pub is located in historic downtown Libertyville, and it is Lake County's oldest brewpub. It serves pub-style food, brews award-winning beers and root beer, and, I must admit, it has become the place "to be" at night in Libertyville. Upstairs they have a big screen Tv for watching sports and a place to play darts. You can also rent the upstairs for meetings or parties.
They are famous for their "Cheesy Artichoke Dip", their "killer Wings (hot super hot, or BBQ chicken wings with blue cheese dressing), a 9 oz. handmade hamburger called "Mickey Burger" and the Oven-Baked Subs. People rave about their fries, but since I don't like potatoes, I cannot vouch for them.
Dress Code: CASUAL is the key to Mickey Finn's. It's a place to "let down your hair" and relax. It's a place to play dart with friends and drink one of the many homemade brews available. It's a place to have fun; no one cares whether you wear jeans or a jacket and tie.
Address: 412 North Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048
Other Contact: FAX: 847-362-3121
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (25)
- See All What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville
- See All New Owner at...
- See All Outdoor Opportunities Abound in...
deecat's Related Pages
Libertyville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- "Nicest little village near my suburban hometown"
- "A GATHERING OF SPECIAL VT FRIENDS"
- "Go, Cats, Go!!!"
- "Libertyville, Illinois"
- "CHRISTMAS IN LIBERTYVILLE WITH GREAT FRIENDS 1"
- "Truth, Justice and a Good Time for All"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Libertyville
- Hotels in Libertyville
- Transportation in Libertyville
- Nightlife in Libertyville
- Restaurants in Libertyville
- Shopping in Libertyville
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rose Hill Hotels
- San Miguel de Allende Hotels
- Reggio Emilia
- Hinton on the Green
- Dresden Hotels
- Malolos Hotels
Badges & Stats in Libertyville
- 26 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Libertyville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Libertyville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- updated a Libertyville Travel Page "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- Uploaded a Photo to "What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville"
- Wrote a Review What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville in Libertyville Restaurants
- Commented on one of keida84's Libertyville travel pages
Photos in LibertyvilleSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Latest Libertyville hotel reviews
- Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013