"Home Sweet Home, Libertyville" Libertyville by deecat
Libertyville Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 152 photos
My husband Allan and I live in Libertyville, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, Illinois.Please check out my travelogues to know more about my personal home.
Be sure to check out the newest travelogue
We live in unincorporated Libertyville, really closer to Gurnee, Illinois. Libertyville has a beautiful downtown area that is still vibrant (which is rare because all the malls have depleted so many small towns).
It has a movie theatre, many antique stores, gift shops, Pubs, restaurants, furniture stores,coffee houses, a dance studio, candy shops, and a camera store.
Right in the middle of town is a Rose Garden with pathways to walk. It is quite beautiful and a very popular place.
It has a very excellent school system, which is one of the reasons so many people live here.
There is a nice train station for commuting to the city (Chicago).
There are many large, older homes immediately surrounding the town. Most have been renovated, keeping them true to their era.
Very nearby is a lovely Shopping Mall called "Hawthorne Center" with quality shops and restaurants.
Libertyville is a town and a community to be proud of.
One reason I love Libertyville Downtown so much is because it truly values its past.
As I was photographing interesting places in downtown Libertyville, I noticed plaques like the one in the photograph which signifies that the property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
Instead of tearing down buildings, Libertyville refurbishes the inside and maintains the "character" of the outside architecture.
The photograph shows just one of many small "touches" that add to the lovely ambience of downtown Libertyville.
Instead of ugly, dingy alleyways, the town has created airy, flower enhanced passageways for people to use and to enjoy.
- Pros:Beautiful, vibrant downtown
- Cons:traffic in Lake County
- In a nutshell:It will be the last home of 14 we've lived in!
Allan and I had dinner on July 20, 2007 to celebrate my birthday. I had Beef Tenderloin; Allan ordered Rack of Lamb but... more travel advice
"Someone's in the Kitchen" in Libertyville, Illinois, has a new owner, Judy Potrzeba. With a new owner comes new... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Libertyville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- "Nicest little village near my suburban hometown"
- "A GATHERING OF SPECIAL VT FRIENDS"
- "Go, Cats, Go!!!"
- "Libertyville, Illinois"
- "CHRISTMAS IN LIBERTYVILLE WITH GREAT FRIENDS 1"
- "Truth, Justice and a Good Time for All"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Libertyville
- Hotels in Libertyville
- Transportation in Libertyville
- Nightlife in Libertyville
- Restaurants in Libertyville
- Shopping in Libertyville
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Libertyville
- 26 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Libertyville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Libertyville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- updated a Libertyville Travel Page "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- Uploaded a Photo to "What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville"
- Wrote a Review What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville in Libertyville Restaurants
- Commented on one of keida84's Libertyville travel pages
Photos in LibertyvilleSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
Latest Libertyville hotel reviews
- Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013