"Focus on Education" Bloomington by deecat

Bloomington Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 54 photos

Day/night in Bloomington was "Educational"

On Friday, November 2, 2007, Allan and I visited and stayed overnight in Bloomington, Illinois. We traveled from our home in Libertyville, Illinois, via our new automobile, and it took us about two hours to travel there. While in Bloomington and her sister city, Normal, Illinois, we explored Illinois Wesleyan University [Bloomington] and Illinois State University [Normal]. Our visit was quite delightful, our meal that evening was good, and our overnight stay was pleasant.

• Pros:Friendly people, Great Universities, Revitalized Town
  • Last visit to Bloomington: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Very interesting and comprehensive tips, as always. As I mentioned here a few years ago, one of the long-time singers in the Frankfurt opera ensemble (she's now retired) used to be the head of the Opera Workshop at the University of Illinois.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM

i enjoyed visiting this university town. informative tips and great accompanying pictures. i especially liked reading about the two universities.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Dee, you make me want to visit that nice place... Thanx for your interesting story....

• Oct 15, 2009 at 11:40 AM

What a lovely school and interesting town. Of course, I enjoyed the restaurant tip because yours are so always well done.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Nice University town with wonderful architecture both old and new :) glad to hear your restaurant reminded you of your trip to Lucca

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 7:04 AM

Your info. on Illinois Wesleyan U. was terrific. It looks like a very nice campus! College towns are so appealing--I imagine there are several B&B's to choose from, too. Thanks, Dee.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2008 at 12:13 PM

As always... excellent!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 2:24 AM

Nice university, except for the exorbitant fees. You must have wonderful memory or do you copy of the menu? I'd choose not to move near the school team as well :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Lovely car Dee and your pages always make me hungry..lol!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Suddenly realised how long it was since I stopped by Dee! And how nice to find one of your lovely little glimpses of a US town :) I thought Natatorium was a great name for a swimming pool too ;)

deecat

Badges & Stats in Bloomington

Have you been to Bloomington?