"23 Miles From Chicago..." Arlington Heights by deecat

Arlington Heights Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 68 photos

Arlington Park Race Track

I didn't know how else to write about Arlington Park Race Track other than placing it under its city location, Arlington Heights.

Arlington Race Track has been a part of our lives for 40 years. When we lived in the western suburbs of Chicago, we would go quite freqently. I was a novice at betting on horses so I selected them by their name or their color. I didn't even know how to read a race program to discover all the really important information.

Over the years, I have learned a great deal, especially from my husband Allan who studies the Racing Form before going to the track.

I like the ambience at Arlington Park Race Course as much as I enjoy the races. It's an exciting atmosphere in an absolutely lovely location. I've been to several other race tracks, and I think that Arlington is, by far, the nicest one.

It's a place where you can bring your children without fear. There are numerous activities geared to the children, and there is even a special location for families where they can bring a picnic and eat trackside.

For a great afternoon or evening of fun and excitement, visit Arlington Park Race Track in Arlington Heights, Illinois

• Pros:Arlington Park Race Track is beautiful, fun, and exciting
  • Cons:If you have a gambling problem, it is not for you
  • In a nutshell:A classy race track for the whole family
  • Last visit to Arlington Heights: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2005

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I enjoy just watching the horses races without even betting. A race track is a fanscinating place to spend the day. Nice page Dee!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Hi, Dee! You create splendid pages here I must say... Thanks a lot, my friend! ><><><><><

• Oct 15, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Quite edicational. So sad about the horse that died. What a beautiful race track. Lots of helpful tips.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Amazing that a horse could drop over dead after winning a race. I can well imagine how you felt collecting money on a dead horse. I've never been to Arlington Heights, though on the map it looks very close to Evanston.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM

I really enjoyed this rather different VT page. I've been to the races just once here in England and it seems pretty similar apart from some of the terminology (as always with US / UK English!!)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Hi Dee I haven't seen horse racing only on telly - good information on your page but with such a sad story of the poor horse

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 6:27 AM

Racings of horses were very popular in our country in past. I visited the Moscow hippodrome only once about 30 years ago. But I know some people who are still fans of this entertainment. It was very interesting to know how it happens in Arlington. Thanks.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 10:14 AM

I have never been horseracing but its at the top of my `to do` list, I hope I enjoy it as much as you do !

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 4:47 AM

What a fun place to spend a day. Another great page,Dee. Very useful tips if I ever get to the track.

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Another of your very good and interesting pages!!! i missed this place during my visit to Chicago!! Hey,have you heard about the VT meeting in Spain next May? why don't come also?? :-)

deecat

Badges & Stats in Arlington Heights

Have you been to Arlington Heights?

Latest Activity in Arlington Heights