Antioch Transportation Tips by deecat
Antioch Transportation: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Antioch's New Depot
When we lived in Antioch, there was no rail service [it had ended in 1965 and did not return until 1996].
So, I was pleasantly surprised when Metra opened a new suburban passenger rail line called the North Central It was the first new rail line in 70 years. Antioch is the end of that line from Chicago Union Station.
Because this was such a successful project, they even expanded services. The train makes stops in 10 communities as well as a trasfer stop at O'Hare International Airport, Remote Parking Lot F. The length of the trip one way is 53 miles.
There are some drawbacks to this situation. There is only weekday service [NO WEEKENDS]. However, to supplement its service, Pace bus offers transportation to another community with a Metra line at another station that has weekend service.
In addition, there is no agent at the Depot. The waiting room hours are from 5:00 am until 8:00 pm. Parking is $1.50 a day.
But at least for those who work south of Antioch [especially those who work in Chicago], this is a big step forward. It takes between 85-87 minutes from Antioch to Chicago and without the complications of driving during rush hour.
Phone: Parking Contact 847-395-1000
More Reviews (15)
deecat's Related Pages
Antioch Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Antioch
- Transportation in Antioch
- Restaurants in Antioch
- Shopping in Antioch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antioch
- 16 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Antioch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antioch
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos