"An Exotic, Steamy Woman Heats Up Georgia!" Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah by deecat

Savannah Travel Guide: 823 reviews and 1,602 photos

Enchanting Savannah

Whenever I think of Savannah, Georgia, I always think of an exotic, steamy woman with her Spanish moss hair, her lush green landscape as eyes, her multi-colored flora as her seductive wardrobe, and her wrought-iron balustrades as her attractive jewels.

You cannot visit Savannah without being seduced by her beauty and genteel charm; however, I always suspected that under her gentility simmered a darker, hypnotic side with a touch of the forbidden.

Savannah resembles New Orleans but without the "exhibitionist attitude". Both have beautiful architecture, mysterious tales of "voo doo", and ghosts from the past. But, Savannah seems more contained, more refined, more sophisticated.

My analogy is a rather crude one, but I think it fits perfectly.Whereas New Orleans is famous for bare breasts; Savannah is famous for low cleavage.

Savannah is perfect for romantics, for architectural buffs, and for lovers of nature. So, join me as I take you on a tour of the lovely Savannah, the Savannah that I adore.

• Pros:Architectural "gems", Delicious Cuisine, Natural Beauty
  • Cons:Steaming, hot summers
  • In a nutshell:Savannah is a seductive, exquisite city of historic magnitude.
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2007

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for the nice tour, I only recently discovered this citu thanks to a food tv show, it's incredible but I had never heard about it before.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I enjoyed re-reading your detailed and enthusiastic tips on Savannah. Glad there is so much to see on the topic of African-American culture and history.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Did you actually wait in line for Mrs. Wilkes? I couldn't do it with our short time frame so we went to Pirates House instead :-) Clary's was also good.

• PVHS02's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Absolutely adorable page! I'm going to Savannah for the first time this weekend, will definitely check out some of the ghost tours you mentioned.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM

This page is so fantastic that I am back for my 3rd visit!! The exquisite detail and wonderful pictures you provide are enough to make me pack my bags for Savannah at a moments notice! This is a 5 star page!!

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM

A wealth of knowledge about this beautiful southern city. Love you "tales", details, and beautiful pictures.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Another wonderful tour I made with you Dee! I more and more think about a tour in “Old America”, you describe so well. Savannah looks so charming with its city squares, historical restaurants, Magnolia Palace, and the story of Florence Martus is so moving

• Sep 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Well, this is some description of Savannah. What a complete presentation. Enjoyed each tip and love your positive spin.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Good overall history info here Dee Savannah seems like a nice place to visit

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Back w/ more ratings and enjoying the delicious descriptions. (you always make me hungry!) Hoping to visit my son in Jan. while he's in Savannah on business all month. . staying in historic district. How can I not go?

deecat

Badges & Stats in Savannah

Have you been to Savannah?