Naples Transportation Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Naples Transportation: 18 reviews and 14 photos
Inside Fort Myer Airport
The airport at Fort Myers is a delight to fly in and out of...it is small, efficient, and attractive. When we flew in, it took very little time before we had our luggage on a cart and then walked a short distance to rent a car.
We checked our luggage "curb-side" both at O'Hare and at Fort Myers. The man at Fort Meyers was ever so helpful, making it an easy experience. Of course, paying $15.00 each for our first bag, and $25.00 each for our golf bags was not a pleasant experience.
When we were flying out of Fort Myers, it was just as easy. We ate at the airport, shopped in one of the shops for items for the grandchildren, and then were called to board our plane.
Be sure to see the three photographs of the Fort Myers Airport
Of course, having such delightful weather conditions always makes an airport much more desirable!
Our Rental Car for our month in Naples, Florida
When we made our plans to spend a month in Naples, Florida, we knew that we needed to rent a car for the month. We had stayed in Bonita Beach and in Bonita Springs [very near to Naples] in other winters; thus, we knew a car was a MUST.
We checked prices for a month by going to several different rental companies. Because we received a 10% discount via RCI, we decided to use Avis Car Rental.
We picked up the car[ a gray four-door Hyundai Sonata] at Ft. Myers, Florida Airport. We ended up paying $33.30 per day or $233.10 per week or $702.00 per Month. We had unlimited mileage and had to bring the car back with a full tank of gas.
Although it is annoying for all rentals, we had to pay $0.47/day energy recovery fee; a 11.11% concession recovery fee; tax was 6.000%. Even more disturbing is the fee of $2.00 a day for Florida Sur Charge; $1.00 CFC; .03/a day for wast Battery fee; .60/a day Vehicle license fee recovery.
Oh, my, that all adds up to $961.10 for 31 days. Do you realize that of that amount, $259.10 were for all those extra charges.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (48)
- See All Cambier Park
- See All Naple's Nature Sanctuaries
- See All Smallest "Working" Post Office
- See All Live Theater
- Difficult to Pack for One Month's Stay
- See All Walking and Swimming
- See All Strange Name, Delicious Coffee!
- See All A Classy Yet Fun Shopping Mecca
- See All Florida Panthers Endangered
- See All Naples City Pier
- Renting a Condo for the Month of January
Been to Naples?Share your travels with the world!
deecat's Related Pages
Naples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Summerland in Wintertime""
- "Gulf Coast Style"
- "naples florida"
- "crown jewel of the Southwest"
- "RhondaRuth's Naples Florida Page"
- "Naples - city on the bay"
- "Neopolitano Alligators"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naples
- Hotels in Naples
- Transportation in Naples
- Nightlife in Naples
- Restaurants in Naples
- Shopping in Naples
- Warnings and Dangers in Naples
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naples
- 50 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naples
Photos in NaplesSee All Photos (208)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos