""Summerland in Wintertime"" Top 5 Page for this destination Naples by deecat
Naples Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 636 photos
Naples, Florida is located in Collier County which is known as Paradise Coast. After living there for one month in January, 2009, I agree with that assessment.
The city of Naples was named after Naples, Italy, because of its similarity with a mild climate and being a fishing community.
Kentuckian, Walter N. Halderman, purchased the entire town of Naples and built a 600-foot pier into the Gulf of Mexico. This "T" shaped pier has been rebuilt three times because of destructive hurricanes.
This lovely community is known for its miles and miles of Alabaster sand beaches. Naples' beaches are regarded among the finest in the world. These white sandy beaches extend from recreation settings of the parks/public beaches near downtown Naples and stretch all the way to secluded seaside beaches to the north.
There are picturesque boardwalks throughout downtown Naples that reach over the dunes and onto the beach; thus, there are multiple public access sites.
Naples is also well known for its varied wildlife and vegetation. You can visit the National Audubon Society's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary [25 minutes from downtown Naples.] Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park is a great place to see the flowers in the area.
Just south of Naples is Marco Island [the largest of the so-called Ten Thousand Islands] with uninhabited mangroves and unspoiled natural habitats for fishing, kayaking, taking photos, and much more.%c*
Naples is also well known for its multi-million-dollar homes, plush golf courses, high-end resorts, numerous art galleries, outstanding shopping, and love of the arts. Old Naples is known for its tree-lined streets, quaint cottages, very few high rises, no super highways, great restaurants, and beautiful flowers...seemed like Paradise to me.
- Pros:Perfect Weather, Great Food, Lovely Beaches, Terrific Golf
- In a nutshell:The perfect place to avoid northern winters
In the heart of Olde Naples, near 5th Avenue South [755 8th Avenue South], one will find a wonderful park called Cambier... more travel advice
When I discovered that the smallest "working" post office in the United States was located in Collier County [Naples is... more travel advice
- See All Live Theater
- Difficult to Pack for One Month's Stay
- See All You NEED a Car in Naples, Florida!
- See All Walking and Swimming
- See All Strange Name, Delicious Coffee!
deecat's Related Pages
Naples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Summerland in Wintertime""
- "Gulf Coast Style"
- "naples florida"
- "crown jewel of the Southwest"
- "RhondaRuth's Naples Florida Page"
- "Naples - city on the bay"
- "Neopolitano Alligators"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naples
- Hotels in Naples
- Transportation in Naples
- Nightlife in Naples
- Restaurants in Naples
- Shopping in Naples
- Warnings and Dangers in Naples
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naples
- 50 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naples
Photos in NaplesSee All Photos (208)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos