Sedona Things to Do Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Sedona Things to Do: 270 reviews and 497 photos
Red Rock State Park, Sedona
Located 5 miles south of Sedona, The red Rock State Park has only been open since 1991, as it used to be part of the privately owned Smoke Trail Ranch. Thank goodness, the State Park system purchased it! The lovely Oak Creek meanders through the park and has created a habitat for much wildlife.
The park is well marked and consists of a five-mile network of interconnecting loops. Even though the trails are well marked, it is good advice to stop by the visitor center for detailed information.
If you wish to bike, you need to find the designated bike trails.
There is a picnic Ramada with water, electricity, tables, and grills.
The park is open year round, always open at eight in the morning with varying closings, depending on the month. It cost between $4.00-$11.00
There is to be No rock climbing, swimming, or wading (no matter how hot it is!)
There is a "Pack in, Pack out trash" policy so come prepared.
There are guided nature walks daily at ten in the morning. For all other special programs, you have to call for the times.
Other Contact: 4050 Red Rock Loop Road, Sedona
Slide Rock St. Park, Sedona
7 miles North of Sedona, along Oak Creek Canyon, the most well known attraction is Slide Rocks State Park. The reason Slide Rocks are was designated a park was to keep it from being "loved to death."
It is such a popular spot, especially in the summer months, that it is now managed by the U.S. Forest Service and the Arizonia State Parks. What is Slide Rocks? It is a section of Oak Creek where, for several hundred yards, the water descends in a series of steps as it flows over smooth rocks via a series of natural chutes and pools. It is absolutely perfect for sliding down and for swimming.
There are really nice picnic tables, cooking grills, and a snack bar. Also, there a good toilets with sinks and running water. Additionally, drinking water is available!
I would warn to be careful of the slippery rocks as you take a "slide". Besides swimming, sliding, wading, and picnicing, you may wish to birdwatch or just take spectacular photos.
It's open all year, but there is no overnight camping.
Address: Slide Rock St. Park, PO Box 10358, Sedona, Az 8633
More Reviews (17)
- See All Sinagua Indians and Honaki Ruins
- See All The Mystical Aura of Sedona: A Chameleon...
- The Endless Souvenir Shops in Sedona
- See All Great Place to Vacation in Scottsdale
deecat's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- "The Red Rock Beauty of Sedona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Adjuntas Hotels
- Parapat Hotels
- Moreno Valley Hotels
- Waiharara Hotels
- Yarm on Tees
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Sedona travel pages
- updated a Sedona Travel Page "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- Wrote a Review Sinagua Indians and Honaki Ruins about Indian Ruins in Sedona Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Mystical Aura of Sedona: A Chameleon in Nature"
Photos in SedonaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Latest Sedona hotel reviews
- The Lodge at Sedona
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Alma De Sedona Inn
- 235 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Cedars Resort
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Cozy Cactus Bed and Breakfast
- 306 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Sedona Motel
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Sedona
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Canyon Wren Cabins
- 561 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- The Sedona Dream Maker Bed And Breakfast
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 25, 2012
- Kokopelli Suites
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn of Sedona
- 1311 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Best Western Inn of Sedona
- 677 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- The Penrose Bed and Breakfast
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Iris Garden Inn
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Creekside Inn at Sedona
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Grace's Secret Garden B&B
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Chapel of the Holy Cross- 24 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Slide Rock State Park- 27 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Vortexes & Spirituality- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Indian Ruins- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Jeep Tours- 22 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Scenery & Views- 20 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Red Rock State Park- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Oak Creek Canyon- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Tlaquepaque- 13 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Devil's Bridge- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Sedona Things to Do