"Northwest Arkansas: Natural Beauty" Bella Vista by deecat
Bella Vista Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 37 photos
On October 22,2005, Allan and I left Libertyville [via car] to visit the Natural State: Arkansas for one week. The first night, we stayed in Rolla, Missouri. The next morning, we drove to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, arriving there about 11;00 am.
We stayed about an hour away from Eureka Springs in a community called Bella Vista. This area is noted for its natural beauty, great golf courses, and lovely fall colors. We were not disappointed.
In addition, we visited nearby towns such as Rogers, Bentonville, and Monte Ne.
We both agree that this area of Arkansas is worth a week's visit.
Allan and I were both surprised to discover numerous historic places in this Northwestern part of Arkansas.
The photograph depicts the plaque that is presented to places deemed to be worthy of the National register of Historic Places given by the United States Department of the Interior.
This particular plaque was on the wall of the Victory Theater in Rogers, Arkansas.
In the small town of Bentonville, Arkansas, Allan and I visited the Wal-mart Museum, which is located in a former Ben Franklin store [also owned by the Waltons] on the main street of the town.
It was an excellent museum that provided personal interactive opportunities, videos, photographs, awards, memorials, and several objects of interest.
This photograph shows Sam Walton and the first Wal-Mart in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Pros:Northwestern, Arkansas is beautiful, friendly, and historic
- Cons:We did not have excellent food as we had expected.
- In a nutshell:A huge resort in a beautiful location: Northwestern Arkansas
Click on photo; it is panoramic and not my photo The world's first Wal-Mart opened its doors in downtown Rogers on the... more travel advice
All the ads for The Rogers Daisy Airgun Museum say, "History you grew up with...", and when I said to Allan, "Do you... more travel advice
- See All Most Popular Restaurant in Bentonville
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport
- Great Place To See Up-To-Date Movies
deecat's Related Pages
Bella Vista Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Northwest Arkansas: Natural Beauty"
- "chiwawa's new Bella Vista Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bella Vista
- Hotels in Bella Vista
- Transportation in Bella Vista
- Nightlife in Bella Vista
- Restaurants in Bella Vista
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bella Vista
- 23 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Bella Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bella Vista
Photos in Bella VistaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos