"Northwest Arkansas: Natural Beauty" Bella Vista by deecat

Bella Vista Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 37 photos

Perfect Place for an Autumn Holiday

On October 22,2005, Allan and I left Libertyville [via car] to visit the Natural State: Arkansas for one week. The first night, we stayed in Rolla, Missouri. The next morning, we drove to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, arriving there about 11;00 am.

We stayed about an hour away from Eureka Springs in a community called Bella Vista. This area is noted for its natural beauty, great golf courses, and lovely fall colors. We were not disappointed.

In addition, we visited nearby towns such as Rogers, Bentonville, and Monte Ne.

We both agree that this area of Arkansas is worth a week's visit.

A Beautiful Area for Historic Places

Allan and I were both surprised to discover numerous historic places in this Northwestern part of Arkansas.

The photograph depicts the plaque that is presented to places deemed to be worthy of the National register of Historic Places given by the United States Department of the Interior.

This particular plaque was on the wall of the Victory Theater in Rogers, Arkansas.

A WalMart Legacy

In the small town of Bentonville, Arkansas, Allan and I visited the Wal-mart Museum, which is located in a former Ben Franklin store [also owned by the Waltons] on the main street of the town.

It was an excellent museum that provided personal interactive opportunities, videos, photographs, awards, memorials, and several objects of interest.

This photograph shows Sam Walton and the first Wal-Mart in Rogers, Arkansas

• Pros:Northwestern, Arkansas is beautiful, friendly, and historic
  • Cons:We did not have excellent food as we had expected.
  • In a nutshell:A huge resort in a beautiful location: Northwestern Arkansas
  • Last visit to Bella Vista: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2005

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2011 at 9:36 AM

A nice introduction for me to a place I have never heard of, in a state I have never visited! I love that chapel, and the nature trail looks beautiful indeed. I was also interested in your trips to Rogers and Bentonville - both sound great for a day out, although I have never heard of a Daisy Airgun.
    And as a librarian I was pleased to see your plug for the free computer access at the library - although sadly quite a few UK libraries now feel they have to charge for this

• Sep 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM

You packed many activities into one week. What a personable page filled with helpful information. Looks like a great place to visit. Wonderful photographs; I especially loved the ones of the children on your hike. Great restaurant tips.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM

The trails look wonderful! I bet my boys would love exploring that area. The enjoy the woods, especially if there is rocks to climbs or fall off of:) Excellent page!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM

You filled in your week here easily. Like the sound of Peel mansion & gardens, the nature walk looks up my alley, and what a nice photo of the Chapel!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 5:01 AM

Hi, Dee! Thanks a lot for your interesting story about that marvelous place....><><><><

• Sep 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

There is a museum at the Walmart location on Walton Blvd in Bentonville. I haven't visited it yet, but it tells the story of Arkansas and Walmart.

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Outstanding with history, architecture, nature, and people. What a great place to visit. Varied activities and beautiful nature scenes. Some super photographs, too.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Superb Bella Vista page with very interesting tourist attractions! Tanyard Creek Nature Trail and National Military Park look interesting to explore. Day trip to Rogers sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM

WE just got back from this area-B'ville, Eureka Springs, Hot Springs, Ft Smith-but did not get to Bella Vista-long ago I was there. Thanks for the tips ahead and after returning I compared. You are a great researcher and writer.

• Feb 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I am getting married (at the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel!) this summer and many of my and my fiance's guests are coming from out of town. Do you have any other suggestions (yours are great, I just want to give them a wide variety of activities)?

deecat

Badges & Stats in Bella Vista

Have you been to Bella Vista?