Caribbean and Central America Favorite Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Caribbean and Central America Favorites: 57 reviews and 53 photos
Formal Night on the Horizon
Favorite thing: Carefree cruising with lots of choices is what makes Celebrity a Class Act.
The cruise staff speaks of "relaxed elegance" as their bywords for dress on board the ship. Your own taste, interests, destinations will determine what you pack, but keep in mind you will need three types of clothing:
a. Casual shipboard attire of "day wear"
b. Conservative apparel for sightseeing
c. Evening Wear
For day wear, stylish resort wear is fine for both men and women. Examples would be swimsuit and cover-up, walking shorts and polo shirt, lightweight slacks or skirts, a light sweater for cooler days.
When you go ashore, remember to observe local customs. In some ports, short-shorts, halter tops, and provocative clothing are unacceptable.
You'll need evening wear for the Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party and Dinner, the Captain's Farewell Dinner, and a third formal night. You receive a daily paper that lets you know what is happening each day.
Casual nights: pants-suit or sporty outfit for women.
Sport shirt and slacks for men.
On Informal nights: dress or pants outfit for women; jacket, shirt and tie for men.
On formal night you need:
Cocktail dresses or long gown for women.
Dinner jackets and dark suits or if you want a tuxedo for men.
Fondest memory: One of my favorite memories is the night that was "formal" and included a dance.
We had pictures taken with a choice background, and I chose the "Titanic" That is the picture I had taken in a black cocktail dress..
Seven Mile Beach
Favorite thing: Even though we did not swim or sunbath, we did walk the beach as well as sit on our towels to "people watch". The beach is a fascinating place to soak up the ambience.
There is every kind of activity available on the beach. Small sailboats and para-sailing are two of the most popular activities.
The sand is brilliant white and goes on forever.
Fondest memory: Many of the people on the cruise chose the Seven Mile Beach as their activity, and it included a boxed lunch, beach towel, sun-screen, and a ticket for a drink.
Some people overdid it (3-5 hours ) in the sun, and, of course, ended up sunburned and miserable.
My sister and I were there for only about half an hour, and we got plenty of sun.
But, for beach lovers, Seven Mile Beach is quite spectacular.
Favorite thing: The last day of the cruise, we were back in Miami. My sister and I had several hours before our plan was to leave so we took advantage of the excursion choices that were offered.
1. Miami Highlights Tour
2. Everglades Safari Tour
3. South Beach & Island Queen Cruise
We had already seen the Everglades, and the South Beach & Island Queen Cruise was four hours long, and we did not have that much time. So, we took the Miami Highlights Tour.
This bus tour was through portions of downtown Miami, mainly South Beach and the Art Deco District
After a colorful tour of this trendy (and historic) area, we returned to Miami along Brickell Avenue, the financial heart of the city. We then went to the lush bohemian village of Coconut Grove.
Next, we took a drive through Coral Gables past the Biltmore Hotel, the Venetian Pool, and the Miracle Mile.
A short visit to Little Havana, and then our tour concluded at Miami International Airport. This was quite convenient for us.
Duration: 2 Hours
Fondest memory: I love architecture, so I found this tour "my cup of tea." I especially loved the Art Deco Section of South Beach, the Biltmore Hotel, and the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.
The narration that accompanied the tour was interesting, informative, and enlightening.
What a great ending to a wonderful cruise adventure.
More Reviews (12)
- See All Excursions Available in Progreso, Mexico
- See All More Than One Place to Eat on Horizon
- Take a Trip to HELL
- The Place for an Exotic Drink or a...
deecat's Related Pages
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAILING THE CARIBBEAN ON GLASSY SEAS"
- "Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury"
- "Welcome to the Caribbean mon!"
- "Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean"
- "Cruising through the Carribbean!"
- "Backpacking through Central America"
- "Central America and Caribean by luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caribbean and Central America
- Hotels in Caribbean and Central America
- Transportation in Caribbean and Central America
- Nightlife in Caribbean and Central America
- Restaurants in Caribbean and Central America
- Shopping in Caribbean and Central America
- Warnings and Dangers in Caribbean and Central America
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America
- 32 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caribbean and Central America
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Commented on one of VeronicaG's Caribbean and Central America travel pages
- updated a Caribbean and Central America Travelogue "A Cruise With Family, New Friends, & Fabulous Food"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Cruise With Family, New Friends, & Fabulous Food"
- Wrote a Review Miami, Florida Port Excursions in Caribbean and Central America Favorites
Photos in Caribbean and Central AmericaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos