"Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America by deecat

Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 42,735 reviews and 105,030 photos

Horizon: Refreshingly Smaller With Grace & Warmth

From March 1-8, my sister, Ronda, and I shared a wonderful first cruise adventure. My husband was on a fishing expedition with his buddies, so my sister & I decided to have our own adventure!

We flew non-stop from Chicago to Miami on American Airlines. A Celebrity Cruise Representative met us at the airport and took our luggage directing us to the area to catch the shuttle to our ship. Once we arrived at the pier, our ID's were taken, we were given cards, forms, & keys to our suite.

Yes, we had a Deluxe Oceanview Suite.

So began our week's adventure to the Caribbean which included Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico.

NOTE: Photograph of the Horizon is by a professional.

First Stop: Still in the USA

We sailed from Miami at eight that first night, and when we woke in the morning, we were in Key West. I had been to Key West before, and I had not been pleased. However, this time, I loved it.

The photograph is of a beautiful pink Victorian that is thought to be the
southernmost house in the continental United States.

Dinner: A Gracious Event

The cusine on the Horizon has been called by the critics, "some of the best cuisine afloat."

I would have to agree.

The photograph shows one of the many ice sculptures that add ambience to the elegant dinner each night

• Pros:Surrounded by beauty, royal service abounds, choices are abundant
  • Cons:If you are prone to sea sickness, be careful!
  • In a nutshell:To really experience the Caribbean, take a Celebrity Cruise.
  • Last visit to Caribbean and Central America: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2005

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Great that they gave you a suite for the price of regular room -- with a butler, no less.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Hi, Dee! It's a fabulous cruise!... You did it!

• Jul 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

To bad that your sister was sea sick for a time. Lucky you that it did not bother you. What a great time the two of you had. Excellent tips.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM

although i am not a cruise fan, but i liked your tips on this cruise service.i wonder if you get sea sick on cruise or is it that the ships are stable? i liked your tip on underwater camera.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2010 at 2:43 AM

I loved sharing your cruise adventure with you :-) But I would have found it really difficult to choose between so many interesting excursions!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Oh boy Dee! A Caribbean cruise sounds fabulous! You've shared some wonderful information. I enjoyed your page and wonderful photo's!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2010 at 9:55 PM

What an interesting cruise this was! Oh, the food makes me hungry :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 3:08 AM

It sounds like yourself and your sister had a very enjoyable time on this Cruise! The food is something to die for isn't it! no wonder most people put on weight when cruising!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM

In the words of Rod Stewart 'I am sailing' have never taken a cruise - but your page tempts me to follow! Thanks Dee for an interesting sailing!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM

That's a great picture of you at the Horizon --- the fun you had emanates from your Caribbean pages! We're excited we'll be there in just two more weeks (Puerto Rico)! Yoohoo!

deecat

Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America

• 1 Countries

Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?