"Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America by deecat
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 43,339 reviews and 108,485 photos
From March 1-8, my sister, Ronda, and I shared a wonderful first cruise adventure. My husband was on a fishing expedition with his buddies, so my sister & I decided to have our own adventure!
We flew non-stop from Chicago to Miami on American Airlines. A Celebrity Cruise Representative met us at the airport and took our luggage directing us to the area to catch the shuttle to our ship. Once we arrived at the pier, our ID's were taken, we were given cards, forms, & keys to our suite.
Yes, we had a Deluxe Oceanview Suite.
So began our week's adventure to the Caribbean which included Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico.
NOTE: Photograph of the Horizon is by a professional.
We sailed from Miami at eight that first night, and when we woke in the morning, we were in Key West. I had been to Key West before, and I had not been pleased. However, this time, I loved it.
The photograph is of a beautiful pink Victorian that is thought to be the southernmost house in the continental United States.
The cusine on the Horizon has been called by the critics, "some of the best cuisine afloat."
I would have to agree.
The photograph shows one of the many ice sculptures that add ambience to the elegant dinner each night
- Pros:Surrounded by beauty, royal service abounds, choices are abundant
- Cons:If you are prone to sea sickness, be careful!
- In a nutshell:To really experience the Caribbean, take a Celebrity Cruise.
The last day of the cruise, we were back in Miami. My sister and I had several hours before our plan was to leave so we... more travel advice
Progreso, Mexico is situated about 35 minutes from Merida, the capital city of the State of Yucatan. For many years this... more travel advice
- See All More Than One Place to Eat on Horizon
- Take a Trip to HELL
- The Place for an Exotic Drink or a...
deecat's Related Pages
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAILING THE CARIBBEAN ON GLASSY SEAS"
- "Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury"
- "Welcome to the Caribbean mon!"
- "Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean"
- "Cruising through the Carribbean!"
- "Backpacking through Central America"
- "Central America and Caribean by luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caribbean and Central America
- Hotels in Caribbean and Central America
- Transportation in Caribbean and Central America
- Nightlife in Caribbean and Central America
- Restaurants in Caribbean and Central America
- Shopping in Caribbean and Central America
- Warnings and Dangers in Caribbean and Central America
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America
- 32 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caribbean and Central America
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Commented on one of VeronicaG's Caribbean and Central America travel pages
- updated a Caribbean and Central America Travelogue "A Cruise With Family, New Friends, & Fabulous Food"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Cruise With Family, New Friends, & Fabulous Food"
- Wrote a Review Miami, Florida Port Excursions in Caribbean and Central America Favorites
Photos in Caribbean and Central AmericaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos