"The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts" Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts by deecat
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,405 reviews and 16,824 photos
"Puritanism, believing itself quick with the seed of religious liberty, laid, without knowing it, the egg of democracy." James Russell Lowell
After visiting the state of Massachusetts, I came away thinking that if a state ever had a reason to be proud, this is the one. Massachusetts, I discovered, was the first state to make the black man equal, and the first state to admit black children into public schools. For those reasons alone, Massachusetts should feel proud.
It's the state where the Pilgrims first stepped foot; it's the state who had the first Thanksgiving feast; it's a state where the capital [Boston] is considered one of the country's friendliest; it's a state with a rich history, but it's also a state that meets the future head-on; indeed, it's a great place to seek the American future.
Did you know that the Massachusetts Constitution is the oldest governing constitution in the world? It is! It's also the high-tech capital of the East...once again, the past and the future unite.
Although Massachusetts is a small state, its diversity makes it an important state in the USA. It's filled with great people and picturesque places. Noted for its many wonderful educational institutes, and MIT is home to more than forty Nobel Prize Winners!
Five men from Massachusetts became President of the United States, even though not all were residents when elected: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Calvin Coolidge, John F. Kennedy, George H.W. Bush
But probably most important (LOL), Massachusetts is the birthplace of the Tollhouse chocolate-chip cookie and the Fig Newton cookie too!
Massachusetts offers visitors much to do, so much to see, so much to learn. Don't be the one to miss it.
This photo makes me smile. It brings back great memories of our Eastern vacation, including the beautiful beaches and sand dunes of Cape Cod
- Pros:Historic, beautiful, diverse
- In a nutshell:"A State Where the Future and Past Meet"
Just some interesting "Tidbits about Massachusetts: Boston is the capital and the largest city in... more travel advice
UNDER CONSTRUCTION "This city is like 350 years of history with a future." James Koch, 1994 f you do nothing else... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 30 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Commented on one of Faiza-Ifrah's Massachusetts travel pages
- updated a Massachusetts Travel Page "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- Wrote a Review Tidbits About Massachusetts in Massachusetts Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Back Bay is Spelled "Exclusive""
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos