California Nightlife Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
California Nightlife: 27 reviews and 23 photos
One of the Lengendary Folly Girls
When we first arrived in Palm Springs, everyone asked us if we had seen THE FABULOUS FOLLIES; of course, we had not. We did not even know what they were. So, we investigated and purchased tickets.
The "follies" have been around for the last thirteen years, and it reminded me of an old-fashioned variety show. (During November and December, they put on their HOLIDAY SHOW. )
The regular show usually has hilarious comedy acts, a famous singing group or a solo singer, and, of course, the Legendary Line of Long-Legged Lovelies. Who are they? They are glamorous, beautiful women between the ages of 54-84 years young who are dressed in Vegas Show Girl attire who dance and sing and delight the audience. No doubt, they are the audience favorites. We were amazed at their beauty, agility, and talent.
When we were there, theInk Spots performed. The over-all theme was quite patriotic, the costumes were elaborate, and the ambience was dramatic. We stood and cheered with the rest of the audience.
We were so glad that everyone had asked us if we knew about The Fabulous Follies; now, we tell everyone else about them!
DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
Dress Code: I would say that you should dress up somewhat. No jeans, shorts, halter tops, T-shirts, tennis shoes, or hats.
I wore a nice dress with low-heeled shoes, and Allan wore dress slacks and a nice shirt.
Note: Photo is from an advertisement we received when we attended the Follies.
Address: Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA
Theme: Live Music
Dressed to go to Cedar Creek Inn
The place to go at night in Palm Springs is the relatively new Cedar Creek Inn, which is really a great restaurant and bar. They have a lounge called Derby Lounge where Mikael Healey and Anna Rose entertain with solo performances as well as duets. They are quite the team...beautiful voices, great stories to tell, and lots of good-natured banter. They encourage audience participation, which is always fun.
he drinks are really great with a huge selection. In addition, I would suggest ordering dessert here. We did, and we are still raving about them. A man who was at a table next to us, during a period of about two hours, ate three desserts.
So, for a fun, relaxing, and, above all, entertaining evening, visit Cedar Creek Inn in Palm Springs.
Dress Code: Casual clothing is acceptable but not cut offs or tank tops or baseball caps.
Since I did not have my camera with me when we went to Cedar Creek Inn, I'm using the photograph we took before we left to go there. You can see from the picture, that we were in high-end casual clothes.
Address: 1555S. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (27)
- See All A Tradition While in Laguna Beach,...
- See All Authentically Greek is Their Motto: ...
- See All If You Are Not Claustrophobic, Visit...
- See All A Floating City: RMS Queen Mary in Long...
deecat's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Badges & Stats in California
- 29 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- Commented on one of Yaqui's California travel pages
- updated a California Travelogue "How Nice To Have a Friend in California"
- Uploaded a Photo to "How Nice To Have a Friend in California"
- Wrote a Review A Tradition While in Laguna Beach, California... in California Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 22 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Other California Sights- 71 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Other National / State Parks- 59 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 20 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Sequoia National Park...- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 51 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 16 Reviews, 19 Photos
- SAN FRANCISCO- 50 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Queen Mary / Spruce Goose- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All California Things to Do