California Nightlife Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination

California Nightlife: 27 reviews and 23 photos

One of the Lengendary Folly Girls - California

One of the Lengendary Folly Girls

The Fabulous Follies: Like Wine, the Older, the Better!

When we first arrived in Palm Springs, everyone asked us if we had seen THE FABULOUS FOLLIES; of course, we had not. We did not even know what they were. So, we investigated and purchased tickets.

The "follies" have been around for the last thirteen years, and it reminded me of an old-fashioned variety show. (During November and December, they put on their HOLIDAY SHOW. )
The regular show usually has hilarious comedy acts, a famous singing group or a solo singer, and, of course, the Legendary Line of Long-Legged Lovelies. Who are they? They are glamorous, beautiful women between the ages of 54-84 years young who are dressed in Vegas Show Girl attire who dance and sing and delight the audience. No doubt, they are the audience favorites. We were amazed at their beauty, agility, and talent.

When we were there, theInk Spots performed. The over-all theme was quite patriotic, the costumes were elaborate, and the ambience was dramatic. We stood and cheered with the rest of the audience.

We were so glad that everyone had asked us if we knew about The Fabulous Follies; now, we tell everyone else about them!

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

Dress Code: I would say that you should dress up somewhat. No jeans, shorts, halter tops, T-shirts, tennis shoes, or hats.
I wore a nice dress with low-heeled shoes, and Allan wore dress slacks and a nice shirt.

Note: Photo is from an advertisement we received when we attended the Follies.

Address: Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA

Phone: (760)327-0255

Theme: Live Music

Website: http://www.psfollies.com

• Updated May 18, 2005
Dressed to go to Cedar Creek Inn - California

Dressed to go to Cedar Creek Inn

Visit Cedar Creek Inn Restaurant & Bar: For Great Live Music.... Live Music Review

The place to go at night in Palm Springs is the relatively new Cedar Creek Inn, which is really a great restaurant and bar. They have a lounge called Derby Lounge where Mikael Healey and Anna Rose entertain with solo performances as well as duets. They are quite the team...beautiful voices, great stories to tell, and lots of good-natured banter. They encourage audience participation, which is always fun.

he drinks are really great with a huge selection. In addition, I would suggest ordering dessert here. We did, and we are still raving about them. A man who was at a table next to us, during a period of about two hours, ate three desserts.

So, for a fun, relaxing, and, above all, entertaining evening, visit Cedar Creek Inn in Palm Springs.

Dress Code: Casual clothing is acceptable but not cut offs or tank tops or baseball caps.

Since I did not have my camera with me when we went to Cedar Creek Inn, I'm using the photograph we took before we left to go there. You can see from the picture, that we were in high-end casual clothes.

Address: 1555S. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA

Phone: (760)325-7300

Theme: Live Music

Website: http://www.cedarcreekinnps.com

• Updated May 18, 2005

deecat

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Top 10 California Things to Do