"Tuscany" Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany by deecat

Tuscany Travel Guide: 10,392 reviews and 26,433 photos

Italy's Treasure: Tuscany

Tuscany combines beautiful rural settings with an art-filled city, which appeals to most of us.

The food and wine entice us; the people enrich us; the memories haunt us.

View From Piazzale Michelangelo

When I was photographing a view of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo, I zoomed in on the buildings across the Arno River

The third building from the left was the Hotel that we stayed in.

CLICK TO ENLARGE, and you will see on the second floor, third window, our room!

Beautiful Hill Towns

The photograph was taken of Montepulciano with The Church of San Biagio in the foreground to the left.

Montepulciano is a medieval hill town that we spent one entire day exploring. It is famous for its wine and its cheese.

• Pros:Honest beauty, both natural and man-made
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:Beauty Personified
  • Last visit to Tuscany: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2007

• Apr 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM

What a fantastic introduction, Dee! After reading these pages, I want to book my ticket right now! Super hotels and restaurants. This looks like a trip of a lifetime.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I loved your tips. I'm planning to visit Tuscany in summer. As you suggest, I'm going to walk the main streets and back alleys ... with stress on off-the beaten paths. Bth, I'm just reading Frances Mayes - to get myself into the mood.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2010 at 3:22 AM

Great pages of my favorite place. Someday I'd love to visit at Christmas.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Oh well, only 4 days and I will be in Siena :-)) Thanks for your tour through Toscana, Dee :-) I am already looking forward to the fresh produces markets :-)

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM

That's the best, most concise introduction I've read. What a trip you had! Your love of Tuscany is evident and just delightful to read. Marvelous hotels and places to eat. Just really enjoyed these tips.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I think I would be all "historied out" after visiting here, there is so much of interest to see! Smiles reading about "the Pat!" surely a caution would have been enough! Sounds like you love this area and could return, yet again! Nice page.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Dee, great memories of Florence here. I rubbed the Boar's Nose at the straw market. Seems like just yesterday, although it has been a while.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Gorgeous spot for a glass of wine! Isn't it funny we all love the David..in spite of the proportions being off? So much beauty in Italy. Thanks for the respite.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM

My second visit here and this time I took the delux tour - saw them all. Just outstanding photos/detail, Dee. What great work! Grazie, Ciao, Carol <(•¿•)>

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Enjoyed your Tuscany Tips, especially the Pisa is more than a tower..

deecat

Badges & Stats in Tuscany

Have you been to Tuscany?

Latest Activity in Tuscany