"Small Medieval Town on the Conero Riviera" Sirolo by deecat

Sirolo Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 74 photos

Urbani Beach Boats in Sirolo

Below the beautiful small town of Sirolo lies the Urbani Beach with its pepple/sand beach, it's caves, its crystal clear waters, its tall cliffs, and its small coves. The sea here has been awarded a Blue Flag by the European Community because swimming is permitted along this stretch of coast; the waters are extremely clean.

The clean waters as well as a "limpid" seabed make for perfect conditions for the reproduction of a variety of fish species that are rarely found anywhere else.

Stunning Views from Sirolo

The very first photograph that I took was from the city park looking out over the Conero Riviera. It was a magical moment for us, and at that time, we were quite sure we had made the correct decision to spend time in Sirolo.

"Mount" Conero

To the north of Sirolo rises the lush green massif of the Conero, the Mount whose brilliant white limestone cliffs reach very far out to sea before they drop off into the lovely blue waters.

• Pros:Delightful medieval, walled town with lovely beach
  • In a nutshell:Spectacular views abound in this small walled city
  • Last visit to Sirolo: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 13, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2011 at 10:05 AM

To relax in Sirolo Belvedere Park, sitting on a bench or strolling around admiring the view sounds to be lovely! And I wouldn't mind having one of those breakfastes you had.

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2010 at 7:40 AM

The park, the beach, the restaurants...Remarkable tips. This is the kind of spot that I would love to visit.! The hotel looks great as does the natural scenery.

• Aug 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I really enjoyed reading your descriptions. Wow, this is really a super few pages on Sirolo. Dynamic scenery with great photographs. What an excellent place to visit.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Another lovely town in Italy-and this area we have not visited yet, except through your wonderful pics and guidance. We may see it from Croatia across Adriatic in May-a one month trip coming for us.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hello, Dee! ><><>< Thanks for your wonderful Italian pages.... I wish I could travel to the Splendid Italy some day...

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2010 at 4:29 AM

What a wonderful town to visit. It looks like a great place for walks and for shopping. You really did luck out on the B&B.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I so enjoy these wonderful insights of your wonderful travels Dee, it keeps the faith that someday I'll get to see places like this and enjoy all the fabulous foods and hopefully make some new trails! Neato page!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Another wonderful page, Dee. Your observations are so well described.Conero Regional Park looks welcoming. The accommodation tip is nice, and photographs all excellent.Looks like a really pretty area.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Gorgeous! Obviously a memorable vacation. Think I'd gain 10 lbs. if I travelled with you. Everything yummy. I loved the Sorrento/Amalfi area..such sea water!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM

A delight to view your lovely pictures and read about the green places here Also nice to see families attending Church = Well done Dee

deecat