"Small Medieval Town on the Conero Riviera" Sirolo by deecat
Sirolo Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 74 photos
Below the beautiful small town of Sirolo lies the Urbani Beach with its pepple/sand beach, it's caves, its crystal clear waters, its tall cliffs, and its small coves. The sea here has been awarded a Blue Flag by the European Community because swimming is permitted along this stretch of coast; the waters are extremely clean.
The clean waters as well as a "limpid" seabed make for perfect conditions for the reproduction of a variety of fish species that are rarely found anywhere else.
The very first photograph that I took was from the city park looking out over the Conero Riviera. It was a magical moment for us, and at that time, we were quite sure we had made the correct decision to spend time in Sirolo.
To the north of Sirolo rises the lush green massif of the Conero, the Mount whose brilliant white limestone cliffs reach very far out to sea before they drop off into the lovely blue waters.
- Pros:Delightful medieval, walled town with lovely beach
- In a nutshell:Spectacular views abound in this small walled city
We were so surprised to learn that there was a golf course inside the Conero's Park named Conero Golf Club It is an 18... more travel advice
Since our Bed and Breakfast was quite close to the church of Saint Nicholas of Bari, we were around it a good deal. On... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Sirolo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small Medieval Town on the Conero Riviera"
- "Sirolo- una cittadina bellissima!!!!"
- "great hiltop town over the sea"
- "Sirolo vistas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sirolo
- Hotels in Sirolo
- Nightlife in Sirolo
- Restaurants in Sirolo
- Shopping in Sirolo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sirolo
- 14 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Sirolo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sirolo
Photos in SiroloSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos