"Changed Little Since the 15th Century...." Urbania by deecat
Urbania Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 89 photos
How fortunate that we were in Urbania in the Autumn and on the special weekend celebrating Truffles and Mushrooms.
From Urbino, we drove to Urbania and parked on the street beside the city center park. We asked a girl who worked in a nearby shop how to find the Tourist Information Center. She gave us directions, and we went there and talked to a wonderful young girl (so different from the girl in Urbino!). We were so pleased because she gave us a suggestion for a hotel and two suggestions for places to eat.
For most of its history, Urbania was called Castel Durante. This small town is famous for its ceramics and its truffles. Oh, yes, it's also famous for its church with mummified corpses!
On Saturday morning in October, we parked in a residential neighborhood and joined the locals at the Truffle Festival. This rose on a fence was just waiting to be photographed. The orderly neighborhood was a delight with its flowered balconies, wrought-iron fences, and friendly people.
Be sure to click on the third photo to see the old men and the children's train.
This little train was part of a small park in the center of the old town. We parked near this activity and delighted in watching the older men running the train and the children enjoying the rides.
- Pros:Small, friendly, interesting, and evocative
- In a nutshell:An evocative small town with plenty to do and see
After perusing the markets and seeing the sights, it was time to go to one of the four bar/cafes located in the ancient... more travel advice
The Saturday morning that we went from our hotel to visit Urbania and some of its sites was an overcast, slightly rainy... more travel advice
deecat's Related Pages
Urbania Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Urbania
- Hotels in Urbania
- Transportation in Urbania
- Nightlife in Urbania
- Restaurants in Urbania
- Shopping in Urbania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Urbania
- 9 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Urbania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Urbania
Photos in UrbaniaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos