Grand Bahama Island Shopping Tips by deecat Top 5 Page for this destination
Grand Bahama Island Shopping: 7 reviews and 9 photos
Resting After Shopping
I was amazed the first time I went shopping at the International Bazaar. It's been a landmark since the 1960's (when it was built.) There is a striking red Torii Gate outside the entrance. Among the best bargains are watches, clocks, china, crystal, leather goods, jewelry, cameras, and fine linens. However, you can purchase almost anything at this huge Bazaar.
They have a system using a pink flamingo decal on the door or window to indicate the best bartains. What it really means is that this shop with the decal has met strict government guidelines and all the brands that they sell are authentic.
The interesting part of this shopping area is that it is divided by country...Japan, China, India, England, Spain, France, etc.
Give yourself an entire day to shop here. In addition to the shops, there are restaurants and snack shops.
The photo is of Allan and I resting in the outdoor eating section of one of the restaurants. All we had were drinks, but if you are hungry, you have many fine choices for eating.
What to buy: We purchased a small carpet, sporting goods, and a camera.
The best deals, as stated above, are jewelry, clocks, cameras, watches, china, leather goods, and fine linens.
What to pay: You pay about 20-40% less than in the USA.
Address: West Sunrise Highway & East Mall Drive, Freeport
Phone: +1 (242) 373 8446
More Reviews (16)
- See All Learning About Wealth in the Bahamas
- See All Nothing Quite as Exhilarating as Beach...
- See All Participate in All the Fun
- Extraordinary Buffet Each Day
deecat's Related Pages
Grand Bahama Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Islands of the Bahamas: Freeport/Lucaya"
- "Welcome to Grand Bahama Island"
- "Freeport/Lucaya and Grand Bahama"
- "Fabulous Freeport"
- "Freeport Grand Bahama"
- "Grand Bahama Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Bahama Island
- Hotels in Grand Bahama Island
- Transportation in Grand Bahama Island
- Nightlife in Grand Bahama Island
- Restaurants in Grand Bahama Island
- Shopping in Grand Bahama Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Bahama Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Locust Point Hotels
- Kampong Poring Hotels
- Saint George's Hotels
- Ruines du Château de Montaigle Hotels
- Wilaya de Casablanca
Badges & Stats in Grand Bahama Island
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 87 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Grand Bahama Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Bahama Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- updated a Grand Bahama Island Travel Page "Islands of the Bahamas: Freeport/Lucaya"
- Wrote a Review Learning About Wealth in the Bahamas in Grand Bahama Island Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nothing Quite as Exhilarating as Beach Volleyball"
Photos in Grand Bahama IslandSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Latest Grand Bahama Island hotel reviews