"OCCOQUAN-translates from a Dogue Indian word" Occoquan by zanzooni
Occoquan Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 94 photos
I love Occoquan. It's quaintness, the fact that it's at the head of the tidewater basin of the Chesapeake, and the history that surrounds Occoquan, plus the fact that it was considered the "End of the Water" and now is considered the "Head of the Tidewater". If you know Virginia's history, then you would understand why it was called the "the end" and not the "head". Ask yourself this: Do rivers flow North or South? A tobacco warehouse was built circa 1736, and the first automated grist mill in the US was born here, that transported grains to Alexandria, VA and then to the markets of the West Indies. It became an area of commerce and entrepreneurial spirit.
The star rating is for the food and service only. I bet "Tim's" is an awesome place to come and party at, but only if I... more travel advice
This restaurant has been around for a bit. It used to be CC's if I recall correctly. The location, the view, the... more travel advice
zanzooni's Related Pages
Occoquan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OCCOQUAN-translates from a Dogue Indian word"
- "A unique town by the river"
- "Oasis in the Suburban Sprawl"
- "Occoquan is at the end of the water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Occoquan
- Transportation in Occoquan
- Restaurants in Occoquan
- Shopping in Occoquan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Occoquan
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Occoquan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Occoquan
Photos in OccoquanSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Spotsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Occoquan Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Australia Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos