"Fredericksburg, VA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by zanzooni
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 476 photos
One can always step back in time here, or decide to blaze new trails
The Fredericksburg Area, which is the largest city in Spotsylvania County, offers an incredible blend of past and present. Authentic historic attractions are everywhere. Antique stores as well as modern shopping and dining establishments fill this county's landscape. Whether outside the city, or even inside, outdoor enthusiasts will want to take advantage of the area’s natural beauty.
The Apothecary shop sits on the corner of Caroline Street-1020 Caroline St. to be exact. The shop was a general store in 1771 and actually was never used as an Apothecary. Dr. Mercer's shop was accross the street, and was burnt to the ground in the late 1800's along with other buildings durring the "Great Fire" of Fredericksburg.
- Pros:Wonderful tour of the Ol' South before, durring and after the Civil War
- Cons:Haven't experienced any
- In a nutshell:Friendly people, informative, and beautiful.
A very old place, but with charm. Not what I was expecting after reading all of their site on line, but I was glad that... more travel advice
Allman's has been around since 1954. I have driven by this place hundreds of times, and finally decided to stop as I... more travel advice
zanzooni's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northernmost Truly Southern City"
- "fredericksburg virginia"
- "FREDERICKSBURG VIRGINIA"
- "Civilised & Revolutionary"
- "Fredericksburg, VA"
- "FREDERICKSBURG VT MEET - BLAZE NEW TRAILS"
- "FREDERICKSBURG - HISTORY ON THE RAPPAHANOCK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum ""
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Fredericksburg travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "OH!! Farm to table fresh with a menu that changes!"
- Wrote a Review OH!! Farm to table fresh with a menu that changes! in Fredericksburg Restaurants
- updated a Fredericksburg Travel Page "Fredericksburg, VA"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Spotsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Occoquan Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Australia Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (143)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Fredericksburg hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Fredericksburg North
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Dunning Mills Inn
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2011
- Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Travelodge Fredericksburg
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Wytestone Suites
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Inn At The Olde Silk Mill
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Sleep Inn
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Fredricksburg South
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- The Little White House Bed & Breakfast At The Charles Dick House
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2008
- Super 8 Fredericksburg/North
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 6, 2013
- Richard Johnston Inn
- 211 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Econo Lodge South
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013