"Washington, DC..Where one can travel the world" Washington D.C. by zanzooni

Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,653 reviews and 15,102 photos

Experience life...in the Nation's Capitol.

So much to see, so little time. We (DC) have had so many incredible artistes arrive here and create for us. Many people from other countries are not aware of what we have to offer. They think of DC or the United States of America being this enclave of Super Power know it all's. Well, we are but that's another story. Come...see the Smithsonian, the museums, the Library of Congress, Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, the Washington Harbor, the Potomac. Experience the life and history of one of the greatest nation's on the planet.

The rest of this sculpture can be seen in my "Things To Do" here on these pages.

J. Seward Johnson's Bronze

This is one of my most favorite statues/bronzes in all of DC. It's at Haines Point on the Potomac, in West Potomac Park, close to out-lying VA, and in the heart of DC. Many do not know about it, but it is on my list of places to take the tourists. 2009: Unfortunately this bronze was moved to National Harbor in MD. I've seen it there and I think it's lost it's luster being there and not here.

J.Seward Johnson is an immediate family member of the Johnson & Johnson fortune. He didn't want to be in pharmecuticals, but instead chose the path of an artiste. His works can regularly be found featured in Architectural Digest, and at his website:http://www.sewardjohnson.com
We are so lucky to have his work here as the man is brilliant as well as phenomenal.

Who needs to leave home to see ethnic diversity?

Eastern Market is in SE DC, and is part of Capital Hill. It is one of my favorite places to visit in DC as there is so much to see and do. The market itself offers a wide range of products being sold by a wide cast of characters. You can buy food, rugs, furniture, old kitchen items, dishes, soaps, oils, incense, fruits and veggies, meat, African drums and masks, clothes, etc. Most of the vendors are outside, and there is a meat market inside where you can purchase flowers, cheeses, fish, produce and plants.

• Pros:A lot of History here, but many other things to see and do.
  • Cons:Parking is a nightmare.
  • In a nutshell:It's not all about the White House
  • Last visit to Washington D.C.: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 5, 2009

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I'll be in Washington DC next week!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM

YEAH!!!! Pecan Pie! Gillybob greetings

• lorrainece's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Yummmo...my mouth is watering after reading about the excellent meal we had at Fogo De Chao....thanks Zana !!!!

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I'll bet it takes a lot of crab balls to make a meal!

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Zana,your page makes me feel as if I was there already.Love the old houses.Great pics and info. Dorrise :0)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Nice page. Now I know where to get my crab balls. Made me recollect the little lunch I had at Niagara Falls, NY - "Deep-fried Crab-stuffed Artichokes". Talking food provokes memories! Cheers, John.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Great DC page Z. I LOVE DC! Eastern Mkt is great - Sandy had some delicious fresh mango drink there. Have never seen the Cherry Blossoms but soon I'll be able to visit DC at my leisure!! Woohoo!!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Hi there ZanzaDanaZooni - Still looking for Haines Point but always have fun here! Bought live crabs one day in big paper bags - abandoned car at Wisconsin/P St - crabs everywhere inside! Ciao, Carol

• jethanand's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I LOVE THAT PICTURE, is that you on the DC page ?

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Thank you for the pictures. I was here in past but do not have the cherished ones. Statues and grounds are key to see, and you depicted it.

zanzooni Visits Here Frequently!

zanzooni

“be the change you want to see in the world...ghandi ~”

Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.

Have you been to Washington D.C.?

Latest Activity in Washington D.C.