"Yin and Yang...~" zanzooni's Profile
Well, I was working in the food industry, and have extensive knowledge regarding food, wine, alcohol, cooking, and whatever, feel free to ask me anything regarding the "Kitchen". I am back in the food industry for right now. I work for a catering company doing sales and marketing, and eating my chef's awesome food!
Must haves: *Measuring cups:for dry and liquid measuring
*Knives:good ones. Henckels are what I use
*Cutting boards:Wood and plastic
*Chinois: a fine strainer used to make soups/chowders
*Utensils:Plastic & metal:Stainless steel
*Pots and Pans:I prefer copper bottom for even heating. Do Not Use Aluminum!
*Wine Key:Well, you know what for.
*Lots of fresh spices/fresh herbs
*Cooking oils:Olive/All Blend/Infused Oils
*Mixer/Grinder/GarlicPress/Chopper/Mixing Bowls:glass and or stainless/oven thermometer/meat therm./Baster-Injector/Immersion Blender/Skewers/Grill Utensils/Grills:Gas and charcoal/cheese slicer or rasp, multi-purpose grater: I use a 6 sided grater all with different grate sizes/mandoline/citrus peeler
Visit this site for your first lesson in "how not to cook": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7tPN6teyzQ
"If your not on the edge, then you're taking up too much room!" This has been my motto for at least a decade. I've always liked it, knowing that it communicates alot in so very few words. Balance..it's all about balance. Should I come or should I go? I may make you feel, but I can't make you think. Truly, I don't mind if you sit this one out..My words are nothing more than a whisper in this malaise, and the deafness here does SHOUT...and you shake your head and say "It's a shame"... Life is a Chess Game~
I love music. I started playing piano at the age of 5, and took up trumpet at the age of 9. I can appreciate all types of music, but I am not enamoured with all types. Here are some of my favorite artists: Quick Silver Messenger Service, the Marshall Tucker Band, Little Feat, 38 Special, Mountain, The Fabulous ThunderBirds, RamJam, Mountain, Dicky Betts, the Charlie Daniels Band, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Arturo Sandoval, Basia, the Dixie Chics, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers, The Derek Trucks Band, BB King, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Robert Cray Band, Sarah McLachlan, Alecia Keys, Santana, Andrea Bocelli, Loreena McKennit, R. Kelley, Nelly, P. Diddy, Martha Wash, Boys2Men, Brooks and Dunn, Big and Rich, Mary J. Blige, SuperTramp, PinkFloyd, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash, Whitney Houston, Erica Badou, Patsy Cline, Gretchen Wilson, and...the list can and will go on indefinetly. I love Spanish and Arabic music. Salsa, Merengue, Belly Dance. I would have to say the only music that I prefer not to hear for any length of time is Hard Rock, BlueGrass, and anything Christian. Well, I do like Black gospel music...
The books that make me go hmmmm: Don Quixoite, The Memoirs of Cleopatra, The Grapes of Wrath, Zelda, the Great Gatsby, Of Mice and Men, the Martian Chronicles,the Gulag Archipelago, Magic Kingdom for Sale, the Mission Earth series, The Stories of Eva Luna, the Cairo Trilogy, The Mists of Avalon, The DaVinci Code, and how dare I forget, Alice in Wonderland.
I love the create of photography...it's a challenge at best. The colours, the movement, the subject. How to capture it all in one swift move, and communicate it to all what you were thinking at that moment in time.
I love to write. This is why I love VT..I can write, do photography, create. ~
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 95 Reviews
- 331 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum ""
- Commented on aussiebob's profile page
- zanzooni and PRINCIPEDIMEDICI are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Step back into time or Blaze new trails... "
updated their Personal Page "James' snow shots of the Winter Storm of 2010"
- Wrote a Review OH!! Farm to table fresh with a menu that changes! in Fredericksburg Restaurants
- updated a Fredericksburg Travel Page "Fredericksburg, VA"
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Spotsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Occoquan Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Australia Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos