"Touristy but more Charm than Cancun" Playa del Carmen by MrRandMcnally
Playa del Carmen Travel Guide: 811 reviews and 1,876 photos
The first thing about Playa Del Carmen is the Beach, which is long, wide and made of powdery sand so wite that it doesn't get ot, it reflects all the heat. There are beach clubs with chairs and umbrellas and many water activities.
The town itself has avoided the big Glass and steel hotels popular in Cancun. No building is taller than 4 or 5 storries and first 3 streets up from the beach have nice stores and Resturants, 5th avenue in particular is only for pedestrians and is full of bars and resturants.
Playa is a good base of opperations with a but to Cancun every 10 minutes for 36 Pesos, $3.60 and colective vans all over the Mayan Riverea for under $4.
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
Playa del Carmen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Playa del Carmen-my Mexican paradise"
- "Now THIS is the life!"
- "PLAYA DEL CARMEN"
- "Playa Del Carmen"
- "Riviera Maya - Culture, relax, sea and tequilla"
- "Playa del Carmen"
- "A beautiful playa in Playa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Playa del Carmen
- Hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Transportation in Playa del Carmen
- Nightlife in Playa del Carmen
- Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
- Shopping in Playa del Carmen
- Warnings and Dangers in Playa del Carmen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Playa del Carmen
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Playa del Carmen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Playa del Carmen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos