"One Hell of a Summer Job" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan by MrRandMcnally

Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide: 473 reviews and 1,195 photos

Intern In Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

In July and August 2002 I worked as an Intern in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. I spent my weekends traveling around the country.

Good places to eat

I've looked at other people's Kyrgyz sites and have noticed that there are not many Resturant tips, everybody says to eat in the mountians. I will try to point out some of my favorite resturants in Bishkek.

An Amazing Place

The Kyrgyz mountian landscapes and beautiful lakes are accentuated by the warm and welcoming nomadic culture of the Kyrgyz people. I highly recomend a visit.

• Pros:Amazing Scenery, Friendly People
  • Cons:It's pretty hot in the Summer
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful Mountians, stunning lakes, and nomadic culture
  • Last visit to Kyrgyzstan: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2012

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Thanks for your interesting and useful tips. They are very inviting to enter this country myself in three weeks.

• Jul 19, 2007 at 11:02 AM

I met the chef of this restaurant, and he is actually Italian. Perhaps he is training some new chefs, and the food is inconsistent because of it? Anyway, it is one of the few places where one can pay with a credit card in Bishkek.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Very good tips and info :-) I might be there in summer, and ahh yes, horseback riding, hopefully :-)) Thanks for sharing :-)

• Narviking's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 12:40 PM

Nice page. I was in Kyrgyzstan last week and wish I could return soon ! Greetings from Norway !

• travelife's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 3:47 PM

Kyrgyzstan looks beautiful. You are unfairly lucky being there. Wish you soon fill your travel map. Happy travels!

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 6:12 AM

Great page and very informative tips of beautiful kyrgyzatan.

• anderschwan's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 7:56 PM

Amazing pictures - great pages - thanks for sharing all your travels. I'm so jealous!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2003 at 12:50 PM

on my wish list! fantastic experience you had and great pics. Nomadic lifestyle, things always changing, I like that :-)

MrRandMcnally

“To see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone.”

Badges & Stats in Kyrgyzstan

Have you been to Kyrgyzstan?

Latest Activity in Kyrgyzstan