"For the wine" Montalcino by MrRandMcnally
Montalcino Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 337 photos
Montalcino is a small town that has 1 great claim to fame, Brunello.
This is the grandaddy of Tuscan wines, the best of the best. Deep rich layerd flavors that can take years to really come of age theres wines are amazing competing with Noble and other Italian wines but really competing with the best wines from anywhere in the world.
added to the wine is the fact that this is a very pretty little town, building some renesance feel from it's medevil roots. The centerpiece is the castle from which you can see the vinyards streatch out for miles.
You can also taste wines in the enoteca inside the castle but there are cheaper places with better selection in town. Just about every door opens into a wine shop. Try the Casanova di nero. Excelent
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
Montalcino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brunello and much more.."
- "Montalcino - (constructing)"
- "Montalcino - Vineyards & Olive Groves"
- "Welcome To Montalcino"
- "Montalcino, Home of Brunello"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montalcino
- Hotels in Montalcino
- Transportation in Montalcino
- Nightlife in Montalcino
- Restaurants in Montalcino
- Shopping in Montalcino
- Warnings and Dangers in Montalcino
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montalcino
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Montalcino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montalcino
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos