"The Thermal Springs" Saturnia by MrRandMcnally
Saturnia Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 36 photos
I think most of the tourists flock to Tuscany, Pisa, Siena, Multapulciano and Montalcino and never look at the small towns in Southern Tuscany. I have to say, these are my favorite, Pitagliano, Sovano, Sorana oand Saturnia should be considdered must sees.
Saturnia's draw has to be the mineral water springs. Lonely Planet says there is a spa and that you can also enjoy the watters as they leave the spa and tomble down waterfalls. I didn't see the spa but I can't imagine that the stuff yiou pay for could be better that what you get for free. Following the line of cars parcked along the side of the road we forund our way to a powerful waterfall that cascades through circular pools where you can relax in what feels like your own personal jacusi.
I'm not sure of these circular pools are natural or were man made and are now just so covered in miniral deposits that they look like stoner but who cares, these amazing formations are filled with little round balls of mineral deposits and the water is warm, not scalding and without the foul oders that some mineral waters can have.
All this and it is free, Very cool.
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
Saturnia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saturnia, warm thermal spring to warm your heart"
- "The Thermal Springs"
- "Not only thermal plant"
- "WAter is Therapy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saturnia
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Saturnia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saturnia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos