"A well run city" Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín by MrRandMcnally
Medellín Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 459 photos
When people say "Medellin, Colombia" images of violence, running gun battles and Pablo Escobar come to mind. This is a long way from the truth.
Medellin is a clean well organized city with great public art, public universities and public spaces. While there are dangerous neighborhoods up on the mountians, and the crime and murder rates are a bit higher than Bogota, it is hard to imagine that Medellin will be the worlds murder capitol again.
Medellin is now an economic center for Colombia with Textiles and Flowers leading the way. The city is vibrant and well run with massive public works programs built to help the poor and shelters built to house the homeless. You will note that begging is almost nonexistant in comparison with Bogota. While I love Bogota, I admit that given the chioce in living in Bogota again or trying out Medellin, I'd move to Medellin.
Up on one of the hills on the Eastern side of the city you will find one of Medellin's great public areas. the Pueblito... more travel advice
One of the coolest things in Medellin. The MetroCable is an attempt to bring inexpensive metro transportation to the... more travel advice
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
Medellín Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medellín - capital of Antioquia"
- "A well run city"
- "City Of Eternal Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medellín
- Hotels in Medellín
- Transportation in Medellín
- Nightlife in Medellín
- Restaurants in Medellín
- Shopping in Medellín
- Warnings and Dangers in Medellín
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Medellín
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Medellín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medellín
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos