"Caribbean Hideaway" San Andrés by MrRandMcnally
San Andrés Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
San Andres is a Colombian Island Located far to the north of where you would expect Colombian territory. It is acctually off the Nicaraguan cost, there are even disputes as to Ownership with the Nicaraguans. The story goes that the Spanish Government in Cartagena, Tired of having their ships raided by British Pirates who used San Andres as a basemost notably Captian Morgan, went out and conquered the Island and It's been tied To Cartagena, and therefore to Colombia ever since.
Anyway San Andres is Colombian, and is far from many of the Islands that have atrackted many tourists, so, While it has some of the best beaches I've ever seen, Clear 7 shades of Blue warter, and friendly, mainly English speaking locals, It flys under the radar of most American tourists.
As with so many places in Colombia, this lets you have an amazing tourist experience without dealing with the huge number of tourists. While yuou might not find the extreme luxery of the Hotels on more tourist depndent Islands, you will get great values and an amazing, relaxing trip
The tours aren't very long, it is a small Island and they will show you the main sights, Cptn Morgan's cave, The blow... more travel advice
To get around San Andres, your feet or a scooter will do fine but to get over to Jonney Cay or Aquarium Cay you'll need... more travel advice
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
San Andrés Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caribbean Hideaway"
- "First Time Traveling"
- "Get the most out of an island paradise"
- "a lot more crowded than Providencia"
- "Just a Picture of San Andres"
- "San Andres Island a paradise !!"
- "San Andrés"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Andrés
- Hotels in San Andrés
- Transportation in San Andrés
- Restaurants in San Andrés
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Andrés
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to San Andrés?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Andrés
Photos in San AndrésSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos