"Beautiful town on the lake" Copacabana by MrRandMcnally
Copacabana Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 44 photos
Capacabana is a charming little town with a perfect half moon harbor on Lake Titikaca. The town has drawn many touriest, often hippies to smoke marijuana, and dance on Sun Island. Because of, or despite this, there is a nice coffee house scene with lots of live music and of course an amazing view.
Copacabana is a very cool town with a beautifull port on Lake Titikaca but there is a problem, it is in Bolivia. This meens you are in the poorest country on the continent, a country that is rarely stable. We hiked our way in from the Peruvian border, about 5KM, because the Bolivians were on strike, protesting the sale of natural gas from hundreds of miles south of Copacabana. The strike ment that anyone who used a motor vehicle was risking being stoned to death. This is apparently not a rare occurance, though people seem to think there will be less strikes now that they have the head of the coca growers, as in cocaine, as president. It is good to check on the political situation before entering.
Not necisarrily exciting but the unique color of the lake is complimented by the collors of the boats sitting in the... more travel advice
To get from Puno to Copacabana is about a two hour bus ride. Colectur picked us up on time, was as comfortamle as a US... more travel advice
MrRandMcnally's Related Pages
Copacabana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lagua Titicaca en Copacabana"
- "Beautifull town at lake titicaca"
- "Beautiful town on the lake"
- "Copacabana: chill by lake Titicaca"
- "Celebrating independece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copacabana
- Hotels in Copacabana
- Transportation in Copacabana
- Nightlife in Copacabana
- Restaurants in Copacabana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copacabana
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Copacabana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copacabana
Photos in CopacabanaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos