"Hoping to fill the entire travel map" MrRandMcnally's Profile
During my travels I have been lucky enough to meet many special people, but none more important than my wife with whom I now share my adventures and my life.
As a child growing up in suburban Mid-Atlantic United States, I was a homebody. I was the kid who didn't really like sleepovers at other peoples houses and had no desire to go away for camp.
Even when I left home for college I never excepted to move far from my home town.
This all changed when I saw a flyer for a school sponsored "Service Learning Project" going to Orel Russia to work with children with speach defects. I wanted to be a teacher and my favorite history Professor was the program leader so I signed up and off I went to Russia, In January.
I was introduced to a new kind of cold but after standing in Red Square, living with a Russian family and talking politics with a Colonel in the Russian Army late into the night, it was impossible for me to spend my entire life living in one place.
I have been lucky enough to share my travel with my family and I will continue to draw my parents out into the wide world and to meet with my sister (Curlygirl) when our travels intersect.
Almost as important are the many friends I have met along the way. I look forward to meeting new ones and staying in touch with those I have already met.
I will also do my best to share my trips with the people who find their way to this site and hopefully I can make others travels easier and more interesting.
For you photography folks out there my photos are almost all taken on a Pentax Optio S40 or my dSLR a Pentax *ist DS. Some of the newer photos will come form a new Pentax Z10. The underwater shots are from a Cannon Elph Sport APS.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 326 Reviews
- 486 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
updated their Profile Page "Hoping to fill the entire travel map"
- updated a Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Travel Page "High in the Andies"
- MrRandMcnally and Curlygirl are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Lazaro"
- Wrote a Review Sala Atril in Havana Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Havana Forum "Re: Beach in Havana !!!! which..."
- Commented on one of vela_candela's Bogotá travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos