"Hoping to fill the entire travel map" MrRandMcnally's Profile

A Traveling Companion

During my travels I have been lucky enough to meet many special people, but none more important than my wife with whom I now share my adventures and my life.

Close to home

As a child growing up in suburban Mid-Atlantic United States, I was a homebody. I was the kid who didn't really like sleepovers at other peoples houses and had no desire to go away for camp.

Even when I left home for college I never excepted to move far from my home town.

Catching the Wanderlust.

This all changed when I saw a flyer for a school sponsored "Service Learning Project" going to Orel Russia to work with children with speach defects. I wanted to be a teacher and my favorite history Professor was the program leader so I signed up and off I went to Russia, In January.

I was introduced to a new kind of cold but after standing in Red Square, living with a Russian family and talking politics with a Colonel in the Russian Army late into the night, it was impossible for me to spend my entire life living in one place.

Family and Friends

I have been lucky enough to share my travel with my family and I will continue to draw my parents out into the wide world and to meet with my sister (Curlygirl) when our travels intersect.

Almost as important are the many friends I have met along the way. I look forward to meeting new ones and staying in touch with those I have already met.

I will also do my best to share my trips with the people who find their way to this site and hopefully I can make others travels easier and more interesting.

For you photography folks out there my photos are almost all taken on a Pentax Optio S40 or my dSLR a Pentax *ist DS. Some of the newer photos will come form a new Pentax Z10. The underwater shots are from a Cannon Elph Sport APS.

• Intro Updated Oct 18, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

MrRandMcnally

“To see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone.”

Real Name