"Hoping to fill the entire travel map" MrRandMcnally's Profile
During my travels I have been lucky enough to meet many special people, but none more important than Andrea, With whom I will now share my adventures and my life.
As a child growing up in Richmond VA, I was a homebody. I was the kid who didn't really like sleepovers at other peoples houses and had no desire to go away for camp.
Even when I left my Richmond VA home for College at Gettysburg College in Pennsylvania I planned to return home to teach high school History, possibly at the same high school I graduated from.
This all changed when I saw a flyer for a school sponsored "Service Learning Project" going to Orel Russia to work with children with speach defects. I wanted to be a teacher and my favorite history Professor was the program leader so I signed up and off I went to Russia, In January.
I was introduced to a new kind of cold but after standing in Red Square, living with a Russian family and talking politics with a Colonel in the Russian Army late into the night, it was impossible for me to spend my entire life in Richmond Virginia.
I have been lucky enough to share my travel with my family and I will continue to draw my parents out into the wide world and to meet with my sister (Curlygirl) when our travels intersect.
Almost as important are the many friends I have met along the way. I look faoward to meeting new ones and staying in touch with those I have already met.
I will also do my best to share my trips with the people who find their way to this site and hopefully I can make others travels easier and more interesting.
Since that trip I have studdied law at Moscow State University, worked in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and taken many side trips in the process. I've seen things I could never have imagined and met amazing people.
While I have a Law Degree from the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg VA, I will not have a life of stability enclosed in the walls of a law firm or court room.
I will find a way to make travel part of my work and part of my life, and I will fill up this travel map.
After Law School worked in Bogota for 2 years. Colombia was a wonderful place to live, work, and find love. I consider mysellf very luckey to have found my wife in Colombia but I would only have wonderful things to say about Colombia in any case. It is a Beautiful place with Mountians, Savanas, Amazonian jungles, Deserts, And an atlantic and pasific coast line. It was very hard to leave but the job and the draw of discovering new places called me on.
I'm afraid that I have been living in one of the countries with the lowest internet access in the world so I'm a bit behind but I'm working on it.
For you photography folks out there my photos are almost all taken on a Pentax Optio S40 or my dSLR a Pentax *ist DS. Some of the newer photos will come form a new Pentax Z10. The underwater shots are from a Cannon Elph Sport APS.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 326 Reviews
- 488 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- MrRandMcnally and Curlygirl are now friends.
- updated a Kyrgyzstan Travel Page "One Hell of a Summer Job"
updated their Profile Page "Hoping to fill the entire travel map"
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Lazaro"
- Wrote a Review Sala Atril in Havana Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Havana Forum "Re: Beach in Havana !!!! which..."
- Commented on one of vela_candela's Bogotá travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Aruba Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Moscow Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos