"Vanois in August" Massif de la Vanoise by olye
Massif de la Vanoise Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 85 photos
We stayed on the edge of the Park in the off-season of the ski resorts - August. Everywhere was a bit deserted and you got the feeling the the main concern in the villages was preparing for the season ahead.
The guided day-long walk we took up into the park was truly magnificent, although very, very tiring. We were exhausted after about ten minutes of climbing, but were not to be outdone by the 75 year old french woman who had mre energy than most of the rest of us.
We went up cable cars on another day to see the deserted ski slopes, and the comparison of the barren, bleak, and frankly devastated mountaintops occupied by the ski runs, and the verdant, lush, breathtaking alpine meadows in the next valley was astonishing. Don't fancy sking now I see what it does to the land.
Waterproofs, walking boots, and walking stick if you want to go up in the mountains Waterproofs Must have binoculars... more travel advice
olye's Related Pages
Massif de la Vanoise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Walking from Bessans to Clavière"
- "Vanois in August"
- "Val Thorens, ski "Mekka""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massif de la Vanoise
- Hotels in Massif de la Vanoise
- Transportation in Massif de la Vanoise
- Restaurants in Massif de la Vanoise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massif de la Vanoise
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Massif de la Vanoise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massif de la Vanoise
Top 5 Pages
- Massif de la Vanoise Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chania Intro, 3 photos
- Woolacombe Intro, 3 photos
- Saint Davids Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.