"A tourist behind the camera" vec's Profile
Just outside Berzelii Park in the central of Stockholm this hard working man was looking up from the street.
Everything might not always be what it seems to be at the first glance. So don't forget that the moment when you are slowing down and seeing the small details might be the moment of the day that you will remember the most.
Over the Christmas holidays I went to Skarvsjöby near Storuman in the north of Sweden. And of course I got to see a lot of snow, but also a number of really beautiful sunsets. At December 22 the day is as shortest. Then the sunrise is at 10:06 and the sunset is at 13:34. So it's just three and a half hours of sunlight.
Check out some more snowy photos from the north.
It's though not only in the north of Sweden where you will find snow. This year it have also been quite much of snow in the Stockholm area. The first snow came in the middle of December and at March 7 it's still snow outside.
Check out how a winter day in Stockhom and Sundbyberg can look like.
If you have been to most countries, if you have seen all tourist attractions, tasted all the food and met people from all the cultures. Have you then had the time to take she shortest trip, to what's just outside your own door? I hope so, else you could have missed the best place.
My favourite place is Skarvsjön in Lappland in the north of Sweden. It's a lake, just 20 meters from my parents house. When I was living there I didn't think of it as something special, but now I have discovered that the best place can be the one that you have just outside the door.
Watch more photos and read more about Skarvsjöby on the Storuman page.
Some weeks ago I found some film slides that I took on a visit on Stenkusten at the north of Gotland in July 2000. Stenkusten is a really lovely place that I really would like to recommend for a visit.
For the last three years I have though mainly used digital cameras for photography, but when I scanned those old film slides I was so amazed by the quality. Compared to the digital photos, the transparency film slides gives so much life to the picture.
Check out the Stenkusten photos.
New- May 31, 2004
Umeå by night in 30 minutes - travelogy added, 6 new photos.
Updated - May 16, 2004
The Storuman page - Some new tips added.
New- May 15, 2004
Birmingham by night - travelogy added, 3 new photos.
Updated - March 7, 2004
The Stockholm page - A lot of new tips added.
Updated - February 28, 2004
The Storuman page - A lot of new tips added.
New - February 26, 2004
The London page updated with a lot of new tips.
London by night travelogy added, 8 new photos.
Kensington Gardens travelogy added, 8 new photos.
New- February 2, 2004
The eight seasons of Storuman - travelogy added, 8 new photos.
New - January 18, 2004
Manchester page created.
Liverpool page created.
Updated - January 18, 2004
The Sundbyberg page - A lot of new tips added.
New - January 13, 2004
A walk in the Düsseldorf Hofgarden travelogy added.
A city view of Düsseldorf travelogy added, 8 new photos.
On a train to Brussels travelogy added, 8 new photos.
Updated - January 11, 2004
The Lycksele page - A lot of new tips added.
New - January 10, 2004
Umeå by night travelogy added, 8 new photos.
New - January 9, 2004
The medieval church in Boge travelogy added, 3 new photos.
Updated - December 21, 2003
The Visby page - New tips added.
New - December 21, 2003
Lycksele - Djupskålavan travelogy added, 3 new photos.
New - November 30, 2003
Solna Subway Art travelogy added, 3 new photos.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 414 Reviews
- 920 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 38 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on MalenaN's profile page
- vec and hana_aya are now friends.
- created a Budapest Travel Page "Budapest"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Budapest"
- Wrote a Review The museum railway in Mariefred Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "How to get to the Bang Khu Wiang..."
created their Personal Page "To capture the moment"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 97 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Storuman Intro, 76 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sundbyberg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gotland Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umeå Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Solna Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos