"Dyersville - Field of Dreams movie site" Dyersville by SnoopySue
Dyersville Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 29 photos
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. A place of fertile soil, traditional values and simple pleasure. And in Dyersville, Iowa, at the 91-year-old Lansing family farm with its quaint, and oh so recognizable house, baseball still ranks as a favorite pastime for all ages. What better place to carve a baseball diamond from a corn field and to make a movie about pursuing one's dream, no matter how much effort it takes?
This is the place where movie “Field of Dreams” was released in 1989. This was one of my favorite movies so I’ve decided to drive there from city of Chicago and I wasn’t disappointed. Although the whether was hot I enjoyed walking around famous movie site.
Interesting thing is that in year I’ve visited the site, CWS won the title. So if you believe in dreams everything is possible. Go there, go the distance…
If you don't know, some scenes from the movie were taken in Galena (west Illinois). This is not far away from Dyersville... more travel advice
Worth to drive a couple of hours from Chicago to see the place where Field of Dreams movie (Kevin Costner et al.) was... more travel advice
SnoopySue's Related Pages
Dyersville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Is this Heaven? No.......it's Iowa."
- "Dyersville - Field of Dreams movie site"
- "Field of Dreams Movie Site, well worth a visit!"
- "Basaic Dyersville Page"
- "If You Build It, Tourists Will Come"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dyersville
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dyersville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dyersville
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 58 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Krk Intro, 31 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoorn Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Hague Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.